· FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
I haven't seen any info on adjusting the STPS which is the top one. Try it and let us know.
That's right Glitch, I shudda thought to tell him that :headbang:If it's still the original STPS unit that the bike originally came with, pull the tank, possibly even the airbox to gain full access to it.
If original, there should be a permanent-texter mark on it (white or pale-purple), extending from the mounting plate onto the TPS unit itself. Set the TPS with those lines matching.
I thought the STPS is adjusted to a particular voltage setting. Let me go and read the manual again.I haven't seen any info on adjusting the STPS which is the top one. Try it and let us know.
STP SENSOR ADJUSTMENT
If the STP sensor adjustment is necessary, measure the sensor
out put voltage and adjust the STP sensor position as follows:
• Remove the air cleaner box. (!Page 51)
• Disconnect the STVA coupler. (!Page 28)
• Insert the needle pointed probes to the STP sensor lead wire
• Turn the ignition switch ON.
• Close the secondary throttle valve by finger, and measure the
STP sensor out put voltage.
$ STP sensor output voltage
ST valve is full closed: Approx. 0.6 V
(+ Yellow – - B/Br)