StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my bike for first time in a while and it was really jurky and not running well once started to Rev.
I drained the fuel out and put fresh fuel in with no effect... I lifted the Tank and found the the top TPS was loose (just moving around).. Anyone got idea what position this top TPS should be set at.. Anyone with a Manual..
My bike is a 2007 K8 DL650..
I have a mate with K7 DL650 would it be best to put the top TPS same as his?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I haven't seen any info on adjusting the STPS which is the top one. Try it and let us know.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
The K7 and K8 Wees were identical in Australia so copying your mates would be a good start.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I have a manual and am having trouble too. Am on nights at the mo and will get on to it in the next few days. Will let you know how I get on. Not being electricly minded I'm finding it har to follow the test procedures. If you put bike in dealer mode you prolly have fault code C29. I think if you move stps till it goes out it should be right (dont use screw driver with ign on), but when I do mine I get fault C28 :headbang:
You also need security bit for the screw.
do a search for STPS

·
38,104 Posts
A C28 will indicate a malfunctioning or disconnected STPS, not a badly adjusted one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't get any fault codes.. checked that too... I will copy my Mates k7 one on the weekend.. then might go off to Suzuki dealer to put the SDS on it, get them to sync it while at it.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
If it's still the original STPS unit that the bike originally came with, pull the tank, possibly even the airbox to gain full access to it.

If original, there should be a permanent-texter mark on it (white or pale-purple), extending from the mounting plate onto the TPS unit itself. Set the TPS with those lines matching.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
If it's still the original STPS unit that the bike originally came with, pull the tank, possibly even the airbox to gain full access to it.

If original, there should be a permanent-texter mark on it (white or pale-purple), extending from the mounting plate onto the TPS unit itself. Set the TPS with those lines matching.
That's right Glitch, I shudda thought to tell him that :headbang:

·
Super Moderator
4,602 Posts
I haven't seen any info on adjusting the STPS which is the top one. Try it and let us know.
I thought the STPS is adjusted to a particular voltage setting. Let me go and read the manual again.

Here it is - or am I confused? From page 13-59 of the manual:

STP SENSOR ADJUSTMENT
If the STP sensor adjustment is necessary, measure the sensor
out put voltage and adjust the STP sensor position as follows:
• Remove the air cleaner box. (!Page 51)
• Disconnect the STVA coupler. (!Page 28)
• Insert the needle pointed probes to the STP sensor lead wire
coupler.
• Turn the ignition switch ON.
• Close the secondary throttle valve by finger, and measure the
STP sensor out put voltage.
$ STP sensor output voltage
ST valve is full closed: Approx. 0.6 V
(+ Yellow – - B/Br)

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
That looks familar Ron. BTW I sourced the old # sensor, 114 bux. Doing last night shift tonight so will get into my bike tomorrow/ monday. :confused::confused::confused: wish me luck

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
I wonder why is the STPS loose in the first incidence? it's held in place by a screw - is it something actually broken on it - or is it just a screw thing?

The STPS is set simply by lossening the screw and rotate, similarly to adjusting TPS, except u dont need the fancy SDS to lock the ISC valve. Voltage measurement is the only way to do it. I wonder if u should do a Secondary Throttle plates adjustment at the same time since u are taking everything apart - people report smoother on/off throttle after that and i can voucher for the same after i done mine some time ago.

A bit too late now perhaps, but the new sensor part is 13580-27G21 which replaces 13580-27G20. I think the new part is meant to resolve the heat issue causing the part to fail especially when used as TPS as it's closer to the heat source. The problem is Australian stock is the superceded stock part# - 13580-27G20.

·
38,104 Posts
My memory of the voltage tests was they were to determine whether the thing was functioning properly rather than being used to position it. So much for my memory.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes there was a line but it looks out of factory did it more on the bolt holding it then line on the sensor.. I can't see anything broken.. the bolt has just come loose that holds it.
I put it in the same position as my mates and the bike now running great.. :D see how it goes..
Next time I have the tank off I might check that voltage settings

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
great so u dont have to buy a new TPS, just rebolt it... yours must havent been torqued properly on the assembly line - 1st time i heard of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts