StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi riders,
I’m from the Southern Ontario area and need help with a few things on my vstrom. I’d rather meet with a vstrom owner from the forum who can help instead of a mechanic who will charge me an absurd amount.
I’ve just received a new chain and sprockets and need help putting them on my bike. I also need an oil and filter change.
I’m 100% willing to work out a price with anyone who can help.
Thanks everyone

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Welcome on board. Oil and filter I'm sure you can do without any help. Similar with chain/sprockets (as long as you have proper tools). Perhaps your exact location would help your request.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
What year is your bike?
Where in Southern Ontario are you?

I have a hydraulic lift and you can do the work yourself in my garage if you want to. I do my own oil changes and also have swapped out my chain & sprockets among other things, but I'm just learning myself, so I'm the furthest thing from a mechanically competent person!

I just use the service manual, read posts on this forum and watch some reputable videos to walk me through any work I'm doing.

·
Registered
15,621 Posts
I've a knowledgeable friend that does my chain changes. I gave him a gift of a high tech chain tool and will hit him up soon.
No magic but care needs to be taken to do it properly.
Oil and filter are an easy task.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm in the same situation as Juan Tanamera. Not mechanically inclined, but in possession of a good shop manual. It's allowed me to tackle all the basics myself so far. As well as this forum, there are several videos on YouTube for the sprocket change on vStroms. Here's one of them:

You'll probably be able to find one for your specific year/model if you look around a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts