StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have adjusted over several teeth ranges, and I can not get comfortable with shifting. This leads to missed shifts and mental direction aimed at shifting instead of riding. Nothing is fluid anymore.

What is the solution for DS boots and shifting? Set it high and get comfortable with a new technique? Purchase a different shifter?

Thanks,

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Changing splines is awfully coarse. Loosen 37 and 34 to do a fine adjustment with 29. Pay attention to the threads. One of the lock nuts is left handed, 34 I think. No matter what you do with the stock lever, you have to get your toe under and over. Either that or get a steel shifter from Vstroma.com and get a heel plate welded on the back so you can toe down and heel up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Part of the issue also is the fact that the new, thicker boots are just not broken in yet. I hated my new boots for the first month. I almost stopped wearing them. Then what I did instead is I started wearing them all the time, around the house, etc... That fixed it. Once the ankles broke in a bit they were just fine and the feel for the shifter returned.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think my biggest issue is getting the shifter to fall correctly between gears at the lowest spline, and it is very difficult to get to the higher gears with it on a higher angle.

I will try the fine adjustments.

Thanks for all the suggestion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts