StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a good commuter tire .Looking for a high mileage tire.Have been looking at the pirelli, tourance and pilot trail 3 and 4 and feedback would help.

·
Registered
285 Posts
i think i got about 12k with the pr3
so far anakee 2 have been the best for me at about 14k

i also had distenzia's on a klr650 and those would go arond 14k also.

i had tourances on a 955i tiger and they went 12k also

someone told me that he loved the pirellis but they only went about 8k.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
i'm trying to locate a set of PR3's. the rears are out there but i can't find the front in a 19".

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you referring to the trail pr3 or the roads.I was also looking at the contiental trail attacks they are on closeout on the Web cheap

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
i've found rears at revzilla and bikebandit $165 which i need to order today. the front tire has 8500 miles with still good tread but is sttarting to cup slightly. i guess i'll have to put a pr4 on the front later...unless someone has a better idea of a miss match.

·
Registered
777 Posts
i was looking for the roads. who has the conti's for cheap?
I've never seen the PR3 in "Road" or "Trail." I think that's more of a PR4 designation. If you're looking for PR4 Trail, MCSS has them in 110/80 19. I don't think you'll find that size in the "Road" in a 19".

However, they do have the PR3 front in 19" (the PR3 isn't categorized into the three purpose-built uses, as the PR4 is).

P.S. If it's longevity you're looking for, I'd consider the PR2 as well. It's not quite as good as the PR3 in the wet, but, I've always had success with it in terms of longevity...

EDIT: I stand corrected... there *is* a PR3 "Trail" (imagine only having sport bikes in the past, just never looked for it). However, it's available at Zilla...

·
Registered
574 Posts
I had a rear PR3 road and was disappointed with the milage (otherwise the tire was great). I now have a PR3 Trail and it seems to be wearing much better.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
heard great thigns about the Tourance. Mine came with a brand new one on the rear and I have ordered a new one for the front for the spring.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I commute to work as well. I replaced the OEM TW with a Tourance. Have about 7000 kms so far and very little wear so far!!!. Should see 20,000 at this rate!

·
Registered
75 Posts
i put tourance next on my 12 vee. only have about 1k on them, but they handle great compared to the stock trail wings and are more of a road tire.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Dennis kirk for the conti trail attack the set delivered was 252
Thanks for this tip! I just bought a set for $252 from DK, I got the last rear tire. I've had these before and I like them a little more than the Battlewings that I'm running now. The BW's are a good tire for the money, but the Conti gave me a little better mileage and felt more connected to the road, plus they do well in the wet.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I have run Anakee 2s and got 15k miles with an the wear bares were not flush. Did this after 10k miles on the OEMs and at 25k miles. Then switched to Full Bores at 40k miles for a little more off road tread.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts