StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a couple Electrical Connections switches from CA Sporttouring and they didn't come with a wiring diagram. I searched around their websites and couldn't find a diagram for a lighted DPDT switch.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Best way to be sure is to check things with an ohmeter. Generally speaking with a double-pole switch the center row of contacts is common to both positions. The row of contacts OPPOSITE the position of the switch corresponds to that switch position. For example if the switch is oriented so that the rows of connections run up and down, when the switch is in the up position it will be contacting the center row of connections and the bottom row. Hard to explain, easier to understand. Remember that the pivot point is between the switch handle and the contacts underneath. When you push the switch handle one way the contacts on the other side of the pivot move the other direction.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was much easier to see what's going on inside once I took it apart. The parts went flying all over my desk, so I had to figure it out...right? The extra pole for the LED was easier to trace once I could see inside.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
To be honest, I think that's exactly the same way I figured out how they work many, many years ago :crying:

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I got this switch wired and working, but the LEDs don't light up. Regular DPDT switches have 6 posts and this one has a seventh post for the LEDs. Looking at the way it's wired inside, this should be the ground, right? I have it connected to the ground, but...no light. This is the water resistant rocker switch you buy from casporttouring.com.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts