StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 1000 Adventure--stock luggage. went to unlock the top case today to put my computer bag in and the lock cylinder came out on the key

does anyone have a schematic of the lock so i can open it and fix it?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
ummm, why sweat this? take it to the dealer and have them fix it under warranty

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
time and aggravation...my dealer wants me to bring it in, 35 miles os they can look at it, without an appointment on a saturday and then i will get to go back another time when they figure out what they want to do
i find the dealer useless

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
there's a spring clip that hold it in place. look inside your box and hope that it is in there. if not, look at the other locks. they are all the same...just pick out the missing piece and go get it. don't ask me where becausie i have no idea. mine came from the dealer with two extra locks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
there's a spring clip that hold it in place. look inside your box and hope that it is in there. if not, look at the other locks. they are all the same...just pick out the missing piece and go get it. don't ask me where becausie i have no idea. mine came from the dealer with two extra locks.
And do yourself a favor, grab some superglue or other glue (i used a hot glue gun used for crafts) and put some glue on all the other c-clips after making sure they're tight to make sure they dont fly off during some ride.

Alexi

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i fixed it. basically had to break into the bag as it was till latched and sure enough, the Nylock nut had backed off allowing the eccentric cam to fall off. no clips or anything, just Nylock. i will be discussing it with the dealer now that i can use the bag again. i think i am going to ask about the lock assembly being replaced under warranty

·
Registered
8 Posts
Howard the dealers are probably better then the Harley dealers you've dealt with in the past.
Remember me? I ticked you off on a Harley board once by saying I thought you put on weight.
I still have my Harleys but also just picked up a V 1000 to play with and am loving it. Still at S&S?

Jeff

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jeff
Do not remember you

Left S&S in 2008

1 - 8 of 8 Posts