StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would asked for a little help finding the right highway pegs. Plan to bolt them to my SW-Motech 7/8 engine guards. Really prefer the Dan Vesel pegs but can't find a way to source them. The version sold by TT are nice but a little unreasonable. I had a bar with bicycle hand grips bolted to my crossbar on the engine guards but this ends up being a bit of a reach for me, not to mention I bent them during a lay over in the sand. Any advise would be very appreciated. I know Yann has his version but they seem to only work with his skid plate. Considering a version I saw on the Dennis Kirk website but have read complaints about the quality and weakness. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The EG pegs are designed to attach to the skid plate and not the bars. Other than that I can't see why they wouldn't be adaptable to most skid plates.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
The only thing about the EnduroGuradian (Yann's) pegs is that they are really only for people with long legs. I wear a 30 inch inseam in pants and barely reach the footpegs. Don't leave my legs up on them very long when I use them because my leg is fully straight and that position hurts my knees after a short time. Of course, the Wee is really designed for people with longer legs than I have and I feel that Yann solved the footpeg problem elegantly.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The only thing about the EnduroGuradian (Yann's) pegs is that they are really only for people with long legs. I wear a 30 inch inseam in pants and barely reach the footpegs. Don't leave my legs up on them very long when I use them because my leg is fully straight and that position hurts my knees after a short time. Of course, the Wee is really designed for people with longer legs than I have and I feel that Yann solved the footpeg problem elegantly.
Yep and I have considered drilling the skid plate so that I could run them inside. It looks like there is plenty of room and I think that little bit would make a good deal of difference. As they are, they are great for a stretch but not for a long term riding position.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I mounted the Enduro Guardian (Yann's) footers directly to my Givi crash guard bars (no skid plate). Works perfectly and is about 2" closer to the seat. Just right for my 31" inseam.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Similar issue for me 29" inseam. Seems like the best solution is to source pegs that bolt onto the crash bars.

·
Registered
327 Posts
These pegs work great for me (I'm 5'9"). The problem is they're kind of pricey. I was lucky to find them used on eBay.

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This was my homemade highway peg setup and found the reach to be a little far for my stubby legs. Seems to be the same/similar spot the Enduro Guardian pegs would be fitted.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've got the homemade style like the above post but I used a set of 1 inch rise black BMX handlebars , with three U bolts .I don't put my feet on the pugs I just rest my heel on the pegs . The pegs are just to stretch out my legs for a bit , I don't ride that long with my leg or legs up that Long just for stretching out a bit.

No money invested and it work and looks good ,no need to fold them up and down ,always there when I need them.

Just like my throttle lock a heavy duty zip tie resting on the break lever , it works zero $

I need to Learn how to post pics.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the same set up you are looking for. If you want I can measure the peg bar, the square metal inserts and the distances of the u joints. and take pics of it disassembled. You could make it yourselfl. Let me know via PM.

The bar fits nicely under the SW Motech crashbars and is perfect if you have a 29-31 inseam, your legs are streched out but slightly bent, very little.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the happy trails pegs that attach to my skid plate. $55 is hard to beat!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Did you notice any difference in the engine guard vibes after installing these?
No. I guess I've been lucky, but I feel very little vibration coming from the engine guards. When I place my feet on the highway pegs the vibration is noticeable, but not uncomfortable.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just ordered Yann's Highway Bars and will be mounting them on Givi Crash Bars. Unless someone has a better idea, I plan to wrap some rubber, maybe from a bicycle inner tube, around the crash bars and use clamps. I'll try to follow up after I get them installed. Will have them installed before the Eastern Gathering.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, finally broke down and ordered some highway pegs from TT. Ordered the MFW footpeg clamp set and black grip pegs designed for them. Total is $132 including shipping. Not bad I guess considering they will be what I am really looking for and not having to compromise. I do like the Dan Vesel pegs as well but since I can't source them I will be happy with these. Thanks for all the advice. My project is nearing completion, at least for now. Hoping to log some real saddle time this year.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I tried those MFW peg clamps & couldn't get them to grip tight enough to hold in place & not spin down from the weight of my foot being on it, hope you have better luck than me.
James

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I tried those MFW peg clamps & couldn't get them to grip tight enough to hold in place & not spin down from the weight of my foot being on it, hope you have better luck than me.
James
Well that's a bummer. Funny Twisted Throttle recommends using these with the SW-Motech 7/8 engine guards or their words on the website "all our engine guards". Hopefully these will work out because they are not cheap and I have not come up with a better solution. Everything I have read about the Dan Vesel engine guards are great. These look similar so hopefully won't be a Problem.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts