StromTrooper banner

Need help placing a part that fell off

1863 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  locoblanco
I own a 2015 Suzuki Vstrom 650 xt and recently took it camping, at a gas station I found a part was barley hanging on between the plastic side panels. It looks like it’s for holding wires in place but I am not sure. Wasn’t able to find anything in the service manual so any help is appreciated.
Hand Sleeve Gesture Finger Nail

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gesture Automotive lighting
See less See more
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I've torn a lot of my '08 apart and do not recognize this part at all. It looks like it could be related to a trailer hitch.

2008 Suzuki DL650A VStrom "Bucephalus"
Reactions: 1
Looks like nothing I have seen on my DL650. But it definitely looks like a trailer hitchlock pin.
It may have been kicked up from the road.
Reactions: 2
Looks like nothing I have seen on my DL650. But it definitely looks like a trailer hitchlock pin.
It may have been kicked up from the road.
that is exactly what that is, a hitch pin, reminding me I have to pull the hitch pins on my Moose plow to unhook it from my UTV
Thanks for everyone’s replies, I bought the bike used so maybe someone left it in there or it was kicked up from the road. Glad it’s not something from the bike. Thanks again!
That pin looks pristine, so I'm betting the PO or someone in a garage or parking lot set it on the bike for a minute while doing something with a trailer, then forgot about it or it slid off the seat and into the nether darkness.

So hey, free trailer hitch pin. Although I always use a locking version on my trailer.
Near a bike I would say it's the pin for a front PitBull stand. I use a bolt/locknut, with only one bike, but someone with multiple bikes would use this when changing adapters for the stand.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts