StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Im kinda new at riding gravel but have a 2009 weestrom with 50000km or 30000miles mostly pavement. I was travelling a gravel pass here in BC and all of a sudden i got a rear flatt tire..:furious: my first but kinda ironic cuz i was comin home from a horizons unlimited rally were i learned how to fix this...:thumbup: kinda got it plugged but it was slowly leaking still.. so found a truck that took me back to town. Before i left i tried starting the bike,,, worked great before, never a problem, but this time there was power but nothing was turning over. When i turned the key i got the usuall sounds you get when you turn it, but nothing at the button. When the key is in the on position but the bike not turned on and you hit the throttle a little bit a sound comes from the lower front of the bike, sounds almost like it coming from the injectors. Whats going on with my bike??!! kinda stuck in Cranbrook/kimberly BC with no shops open monday. i have a friend that might drive out from calgary to pick me and the stomie up tommorrow, as i cant ride it back at all with the tire in its state. im mainly just worried about the starting problem. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Most likely the wire connection to the clutch lever has come loose.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if it is that what would cause the noise i hear coming from the injector area when roll back on the throttle a little bit when the bike is in the on position? thanks alot, im still learning!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
'07 and later Wee's have a number of electronic controls for emissions purposes that use stepper motors to set things like idle speed and secondary throttle position. Turn off the ignition and you can hear the motors step a second or two later. Move the throttle with the ignition on and the motors set the proper positions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts