StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I did a search and found out which wires I should hookup (I think) but I can't find them. I'm going to install the lights per Option 1 of the Dinali D2 Wiring Instructions with a D2 wire connected to the Moto High Beam Wire and another D2 wire connected to the running light wire. I have a 2011 Wee Strom w/ ABS.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to the online info..I'm going to connect the D2 100% Intensity Trigger Wire to the Moto's headlight high beam wire..which I'm assuming is the Yellow Vstrom wire which is located in the Forward Harness Connector inside the left fairing. I looked but I can't find it. The only yellow wire I see is coming from the moto's left side lamp. Can I connect to that? (See photo in link below)

I'm going to connect the D2 Switched 12 volt power wire to the Rear Brake Switch Connector wire which SHOULD BE in the connector just in front of the battery. Instructions I read said it should be inside a two-connector with an W/B wire. I looked but I can't find it. All I see are two big wiring bundles in front of the battery. I do see an O/G wire out of one of those bundles..can I connect to that? (See photo in link below) BTW, the Orange/Green wire looks Yellow/Green in the photo but it IS Orange/Green.

Again, I'm assuming I read the instructions correctly. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Photo link below. Thanks Rob

https://picasaweb.google.com/113815612903691627931/VStromLightWiring#

·
Registered
490 Posts
I don't know what year your bike is, but on my 07 (non ABS) the rear brake connector is at the rear of the fuel tank. I believe on ABS bikes that the connector is buried a bit deeper.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2011 Wee Strom ABS

Mines a 2011 ABS. Hell, I'm just looking for the easiest access to a high beam wire and a Switched 12v power source. I just assumed the high beam wire could be tapped right off the Left Side Lamp (yellow wire) and the Switched wire could be tapped off the rear brake switch connector (O/G wire) that I'm hoping is the one I can see (and get to easily) in front of the battery. I can get to both with posi-connectors. I just need to confirm it BEFORE I go tapping into stuff and blowing fuses.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Those are the correct colors.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wire Colors

GW..I'm such a dope..they may be the right colors but there is no way that I can run the wire from the D2 wiring harness wire to the left lamp yellow wire, and Brake Switch Connector wire next to the battery unless I run an extension wire to the lamp. I wish there were connections that were closer together (near the battery) where I could connect. Guess I'll have to look some more. Thanks.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
The yellow wire goes from the left handlebar switch to a connector behind the radiator. From there, it goes to the large connector under the rubber cover in the left side of the fairing and on to the headlights. It doesn't come anywhere near the battery. There is an O/G wire running to the fuse box very near the battery. It is also present in a connector behind the radiator from the wires connecting to the right handlebar switch. You can also use a Brown wire for an ignition on hot wire.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it

Well, I did just that..ran a wire from the yellow wire on the left lamp (that I could reach easily without taking apart the bike) and ran it back to the battery where the D2 harness assembly and other O/G wire was. At first it didn't work. Then I checked the posi-connector on one wire and it missed the inside wire. Believe that? I guess the wire was so small it pushed it to the side and didn't pierce the inside wire, just the insulation. Everything works as advertised..tucked the wires in, mounted the on/off switch on the handlebar and went for a ride at night. Man those high beams sure do light up the night. Another happy D2 Dinali camper...and only 20watts. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts