StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will drive to Florida from Canada, crossing over to Hyw 81, and then on to 95. Can anyone point me to a dealer on or not to far from that route, that sells Gaerne boots, specifically the Protech. I would like to be able to try them on and buy them on site,:yesnod: not wait for them to ship etc.:headbang:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Looking at a few reviews online, it seems the Explorer is not all that waterproof. Check out the Sidi On Road Touring. I have had mine about 18 months. Even through a typical Vancouver wintere (way wet), my feet have stayed dry.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think moto market outside of boston is a dealer. my wife bought hers there last year.
chris in boston
E-Mailed them, thanks.:yesnod:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at a few reviews online, it seems the Explorer is not all that waterproof. Check out the Sidi On Road Touring. I have had mine about 18 months. Even through a typical Vancouver wintere (way wet), my feet have stayed dry.
Looking at that one too. Know any dealers in my path?

Also looking at Alpinestars Scout WP. Anyone know where I can try them? I'm a size 12.5 US - 13.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Looking at that one too. Know any dealers in my path?

Also looking at Alpinestars Scout WP. Anyone know where I can try them? I'm a size 12.5 US - 13.
Bob, not too sure about dealers enroute. But, book a hotel room a week into your trip and have Rider's Discount, or New Enough or someone like that ship them to you c/o the hotel you have the room booked at.

·
Registered
180 Posts
When I bought my Gaerne boots, I called them directly to find a dealer. They told me that there are very few dealers that stock them, especially the Explorer and especially in these economic conditions.

He did say however that just about any mc accessories dealer can special-order them and that they fit very true to street-shoe sizing.

I ended up buying them from motorcycle superstore.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bob, not too sure about dealers enroute. But, book a hotel room a week into your trip and have Rider's Discount, or New Enough or someone like that ship them to you c/o the hotel you have the room booked at.
Too risky for my kind of luck, but sounds like it could be an option.:yesnod:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
DTP & Bourbon Boy; Thanks for the tips. I'm going to be in Florida for about a month so I will try to special order them before I leave and either try them on when I get there or have them delivered to the Florida address.:thumbup: I'm kind of stuck on the Gaerne but a Strommer PM'ed me with another option. A boot called Cruiserworks Defender. They are just like what I wear now but they are waterproof. http://www.cruiserworks.com/defender.php Anyone tried these?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts