StromTrooper banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to use a brake light wire activated relay to turn off my cruise control and heated clothing. The most elegant solution would be a DPDT relay able to support at least 15A on its contacts and stay alive on a motorcycle. I have been unable to find such a beast that would be, for sure, smaller than two SPST automotive relays and be water resistant. Any assistance in finding one would be appreciated.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Wish I could help a fellow Illinois tropper, especially after all you have done for us. But I have no idea. If your stumped that Mayan calender thing might
really be true. Sorry, thanks for your past help

·
Premium Member
3,735 Posts
You could use two lower amperage relays in parallel. Each would nominally carry half the load.

·
38,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeah but it's just as easy to use two SPDT relays for the individual functions. I'm hoping for a smaller package. I may just go with a 10A relay. They are easy to find and I never turn the heat up all the way.

·
38,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found that one. They only do PayPal and I don't do PayPal. I should have mentioned that.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Check mouser.com

·
38,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
22,426 Posts
Yeah but it's just as easy to use two SPDT relays for the individual functions. I'm hoping for a smaller package. I may just go with a 10A relay. They are easy to find and I never turn the heat up all the way.

SPDT Hella Micro Relay, they are a little larger than half the size of a conventional relay

Susquehanna MotorSports - Auto Performance Product

rather than purchase one of the prepackaged auxillary power fuseblocks, I built my own from components I got from Susquehana Motorsports, they provide awesome support, the space taken up by my relays & fuseblock is about half the space the prepackaged ones take up

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
38,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another good site. Thanks.

·
38,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been to the Digikey site before but hadn't bookmarked it. Thanks. Would you guys believe the Radio Shack 12V DPDT relay that's listed as having 10A contacts is rated for 10A @ 24VDC? 240W contacts are more than enough.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If you can't find it at Digikey, try Newark Electronics (US - Electronic Components Distributor | Newark.com). I find 99.9% of my electronic gizmos from one of those two sources. (though neither of them could get a simple lighted rocker switch I needed a couple months ago for my camper... go figure!?)

I can almost guarantee one of the two will have what you need. Both have pretty decent drill-down menus for their products on their respective web sites.

Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts