StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which Would You Choose & Why? Need Help Deciding Between These Two Farkled Wees!

Hi All,

I have a dilemma and I'm stuck. Just as I found a 2012 Adventure Wee that I was about to make an offer on, I ran across a 2011 Wee with the same amount of miles, just as farkled up, and with an extended warranty to boot - for $1150 lower asking price. I'm stumped and really would like some advice to help with this decision and to determine which bike is the better value. Here are the specs:

2012 Adventure Model, black, asking price $7400

Miles: ~5k
Nothing wrong mechanically or cosmetically
Never dropped or ridden off road.
All scheduled maintenance done w/records
crash bars
tool tube
12v outlet
handlebar risers
hand guards
suzuki top and side cases w/liners
skid plate
adjustable windscreen extension thingy on the primary windscreen
center stand

What it's missing compared to the 2011 below: fork brace, frame sliders, Sargent seat. Cost to add approx $600+.

2011 Wee, black, asking price $6250

Excellent condition
All scheduled maintenance done w/records
Extended Warranty through 2016
Sargent Seat (also includes stock seat)
AltRider Crashbars D658-P-1000
AltRider Frame Slider Kit D658-0-1107
SuperBrace
Maier hand guards
Suzuki Side Cases (OEM made by Givi)
Suzuki Top Case (OEM made by Givi)
SW Mototech engine guard
Metzeler Karoo 3 tires (less than 1,000 miles)
Vstream tall windscreen adjustable
Techspec tank grips (full set of 5)

What it's missing compared to the 2012 above: tool tube, 12V socket, center stand. Cost to add approx $280-ish.

Both bikes look as described, are the color I want, with most of the farkles I'd want. However, with the 2012 I think I'd want to add the fork brace, frame sliders and a better seat. However, the 2011 already has those and everything else, except for the tool tube, center stand and 12v outlet, which are a lot cheaper to add, which I think ups the overall value.

So, from what I can tell, to get both bikes basically identical in features I'd have to spend an extra $600 or so on the 2012 and about $300 on the 2011. At their current asking prices, and the difference between adding farkles, the 2012 will cost me about $1450 more than the 2011. That's not even taking into account the potential value of 2yrs of extended warranty that comes with the 2011.

I like the looks of the 2012 better, but really want to know if the bike is such a leap in technology with regards to performance, safety, etc. that it's worth spending another $1450 without 2yrs of warranty.

I know this is pretty subjective, but I guess I just want to know which one you guys would choose and why?

·
Administrator
16,618 Posts
2012 were it me, the latest model is overall the better machine IMHO.

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Whichever one has ABS. That's the deal maker/breaker for me. If they both have it, sorry, can't help you on this one.

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Another consideration may be additional farkles: if you look at the "for sale" ads
on this forum you will see a lot more pre-'12 stuff available than stuff for the new model -- and as I understand it not much will fit both.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts