StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I mentioned in the other thread, I have white '18 model. The tank is painted OK but the side inserts are white as well with very tiny coat of paint on it and no clear coat. So, they have no shine and the surface of finish is rough.
I have great dealer. Before me going to independent paint shop, I decided to stop by the dealer this morning. He admits the problem, it's impossible not to see it. He called main Suzuki importer for Portugal and they believed our story. They asked for day or two to find white bike boxed and open it to check.
At the same time, my dealer had an idea to order new parts and if they're painted well, he'll simply apply warranty and replace them. If they're the same, then we'll together look for solution with paintshop and he'll send ordered ones back. So, I'll give Suzuki one week.
Is there anyone out there with white bike?
Can you, please, check and compare white inserts paint quality with tank paint?
I looked at new 650's on dealers showroom floor, he had no 1000 at the moment. All 650's had nice shiny inserts with rich clear coat on them.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I checked out a white 2018 1000 here in Australia yesterday. It comes with silver tank side inserts and not white. They didn't look like they had a clear coat over the silver.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked out a white 2018 1000 here in Australia yesterday. It comes with silver tank side inserts and not white. They didn't look like they had a clear coat over the silver.
That must be XT version (wired rims). On non-XT versions only yellow ones have silver inserts.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I'm not sure what part you are talking about? I have a yellow bike but can check tonight if you want to post a picture with the an arrow to the part you are talking about. I didn't notice any part that does not have clear coat.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm talking about the part that is, if you look at your avatar picture, above yellow letters "V-Strom". In your case, it is painted silver. It runs on the sides of the bike, from the front edge of the tank all the way to the front edge of the beak. On my avatar picture it is the only white part you can see.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I'm talking about the part that is, if you look at your avatar picture, above yellow letters "V-Strom". In your case, it is painted silver. It runs on the sides of the bike, from the front edge of the tank all the way to the front edge of the beak. On my avatar picture it is the only white part you can see.
Thanks.
I can confirm mine has clear coat. Although the decal does not have clear over top of it. The black stripes on the tank have clear over top of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts