StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be buying a used 2005 V-Strom 1000 with only 6xx miles on it. When I pickup the bike, what do I need to check on and what do I need to have the dealer check before the Warranty expires.

I have asked for them to check the ECM (adjust to standard +5% for Low and Mid range). I also asked them to also check the normal stuff (fluids, fill the tank, etc).

What else should I have the dealer check, update, change, etc.

Any assistance or suggestions will be welcome. I look forward to seeing some of you in the very near future.

Also, I plan on buying a few parts immediately (center stand, cruise control, case guard) and then buying stuff over the next year or so. How about some suggestions on my first purchases.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I purchaed the bike

Other than the "blip" at 3500 RPM, nothing else appears wrong. It apparently sit for a long time as the carbs need a bit of cleaning.

I had the LOW and MID range increased by +5% and that appears to have taken care of most of the studder, but there is a "backfire" thru the pipes once in awhile.

I'm on my 4th tank of gas and it appear to run fine on 87 proof.

Any recommendations for the future.

Oh yea, I did go ahead and pick up the SEP for 2 additional years. Figured that since I didn't buy it new, that I should get a warrenty if one was still availalbe for it.

Look forward to talking to any of you in the very near future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts