StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Boy talks too much....
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
07 DL1000.

I'm getting alot of mixed advice on pipes. I'd like some input please from anyone who has any of the following pipes.

Holeshot

Two Bro's

Pro's or cons. Any help/advice gratefully accepted. :mod2_helpsmilie:

SOF
Seems I got a bad tip on the Yosh pipes. I can find them for the SV and the TL but not for the DL.
Does anyone know of a way to improve the pipes yet retain the heat shields? I have a couple of sets of the Cortech bags and would like to be able to still use them. Never have liked hard bags.
Thanks again for any advice

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
I rode alot with MZ who had the HoleShots, nice pipes. Customer service is outstanding. He really liked them and I know that the install was easy and straight forward.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Yosh makes pipes for the V-Strom so you can take them off your list.

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
Let us also add Remus, Leo Vince, Ackropovic, Scorpion, Staintune, and Holeshot Performance. "Many" of us run the Leo Vince "including me" and you have the option of baffles in or out....so do the Ackro's and Staintunes.The 2 Bros sound great, but many feel they are too loud compared to others. As far as I know, there is no application for Yoshimura on the Strom. The Holeshot exhausts are gorgeous and sound awesome, and you'll get top notch customer support from Dale Walker himself. See......you have tons of options!!!!!!!!

·
Boy talks too much....
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems I got a bad tip on the Yosh pipes. I can find them for the SV and the TL but not for the DL.
Does anyone know of a way to improve the pipes yet retain the heat shields? I have a couple of sets of the Cortech bags and would like to be able to still use them. Never have liked hard bags.
Thanks again for any advice.

·
Registered
40 Posts
deja vu......

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Does anyone know of a way to improve the pipes yet retain the heat shields?
Depends what you mean by "improve". Seems like I saw on another forum a guy went through the trouble of cutting the stock mufflers open and transforming them into glass packs. Should have improved air flow, but it looked like a lot of work.

I cut the pea shooters off mine with a dremel. I like the sound, but what I did shouldn't change the airflow any.

·
Boy talks too much....
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the input. Gonna take the plunge on Monday and get the 2 bros carbon fiber. PC III already ordered.

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
Best of luck to ya.........hope they are not too loud after a while.;)

·
Boy talks too much....
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What a difference the PC makes!!! Used the map for the 04-05 with stock air filter and pipes which really richened up the mid range. Great improvement. The 2 bros pipes are very loud. Sure look good tho!!. Got a lot of compliments at the shop today. Very easy install as well. I'll have to see how they do next week when I take a nice long drive.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Its a good thing your brother set it up for you right! ;)
Those loud pipes will still let me know youre back there, no matter how far you fall behind!!:p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts