StromTrooper banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
@JoeMcG
Absolutely outstanding! Makes me wanna get back out in the loose stuff. A gorgeous bike! Have you had to pick it up from the dirt yet? It's not that big a deal unless you're like me: old and out of shape. After struggling to get my Vee back on its wheels while in the desert, I brought her home and practiced picking her up. Those hard cases will help a lot, should it happen to you. Have you been practicing standing up while riding? There are TONS of vids on this skill set and I got hooked on it ... LOVE riding on the pegs now. Still a noob-wimp compared to others on this forum.

But it looks like you're having fun. Congrats! See you on the traill!!
I’ve watched a ton of new rider tips, and stuff like that. Now I’m just starting to try to apply them. I was standing up as much as possible while riding Sunday, it takes a lot out of you! My legs were sore that night

i haven’t had to pick it up yet, I’m still in fairly good shape even though I don’t lift anymore. Strictly cardio for me these days. I guess I should lean it over in my yard and practice picking it up off the grass

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,927 Posts
AZ is great in the winter. I spent New Year's in Tucson a couple years ago. It was chilly after dark, but wonderful in general.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,927 Posts
That's something I think about whenever I see someone using steel ammo cans as panniers.

I assert that ammo cans make very poor MC luggage. All they have going for them is being cheap-ish, and waterproof. They're too heavy, too small, and too likely to break part of you in even a relatively minor get-down. That's why I use my ammo cans only to store ammo.

Aluminum MC luggage does away with the weight problem, and they are generally light enough that a quick detach/attach system makes sense. Still, I agree with not having them mounted when learning on dirt. You may not get hurt, but you'll be sad if you bend your aluminum boxes. Especially once you see how much new ones cost.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Took another ride out in the same area yesterday. Made it to the end of the road this time. I’m going to continue doing easy dirt roads like this for a while

21 - 29 of 29 Posts