StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This darn arthritis :thumbdown: is making it more and more difficult to get comfy on my new Wee. Getting old is not fun. :frown:
Does anyone make a set of bar risers that move the bars up AND to the rear?
I think Dale at Holeshot has something. Mebbe I'll go there and have a look..

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I have GenMar one up and one back. Bought them from Blair at SV Racing Parts along with an extended brake line which was needed for my 2007 ABS model. Write an email [email protected]

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have GenMar one up and one back. Bought them from Blair at SV Racing Parts along with an extended brake line which was needed for my 2007 ABS model. Write an email [email protected]
Same ones I have on my 2011 Wee. I don't know if they are the same on the 2012s though. Blair has a great business going there. :thumbup:

·
Registered
242 Posts
mine came with Blairs as well, and I like them being a shorter guy. glad I have them, as the bike seems perfect for me.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I'd recommend the Rox Risers.

They are adjustable on two axis.

I was very happy with mine, they are a little tricky to adjust, but you just have to scratch your head a little.

Handlebar Risers for Dual Sport Motorcycles

·
Registered
163 Posts
risers

This darn arthritis :thumbdown: is making it more and more difficult to get comfy on my new Wee. Getting old is not fun. :frown:
Does anyone make a set of bar risers that move the bars up AND to the rear?
I think Dale at Holeshot has something. Mebbe I'll go there and have a look..
The Rox risers that another member just posted are the best, raising the bar and rotating so that the bar moves closer to you in a 2 plane adjustment. I had them on my VFR and they were perfect.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
At least consider getting taller bars.

The stock bars on both DL's appeared to be designed for a kids drawing of a human (arms come out from the centre of the body), taller bars with the correct wrist angle MAY work better for you - and are generally less $$$$

Pete

·
Registered
217 Posts
SW Motech makes some 1x1's, one inch up and one inch back IIRC. My bike came with them when I bought it used so I've never experienced not having them. Can't tell you how they compare, but so far I'm happy w/ them.

·
Registered
176 Posts
SW Motech makes some 1x1's, one inch up and one inch back IIRC. My bike came with them when I bought it used so I've never experienced not having them. Can't tell you how they compare, but so far I'm happy w/ them.
With these risers, do I have to extend my ABS brake lines?

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Excellent ideas, all!! Thanks guys!! What a great forum!! :thumbup:

I ordered a set of back/up GenMars from Blair - but I really like those Rox things, too. Mebbe I'll try them on my V back home!!

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
You will most likely need to add the longer brake line which I presume you also ordered. Your cables and wires should all reach, but you may have to cut some of the tie wraps and do some minor rerouting.

When you bleed your front brakes and you have trouble getting pressure, pull the brake lever and tie it with a bungee for over night so any air trapped in the master cylinder rises and bleeds up out of the master cylinder. This worked for me thanks to a tip I got from this site.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Oops, I see that you have a 2012, you may not have to do anything with the brake line. Let us know.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Another vote on the Rox Risers, most adjustable riser on the market to my knowledge. I have them on my 1050 Tiger and they will do what you want.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Oops, I see that you have a 2012, you may not have to do anything with the brake line. Let us know.
You probably will need a longer brake line, Pro-Taper SE's JUST fit, but I needed to bend one of the wire supports on the way up.

Thing is the stock bars are already have more pull back than on the previous versions so the SE's didn't give me that much extra - but they did make the wrist angle a lot more comfortable - basically there's less slack than on the earlier model.

Pete

·
Registered
438 Posts
I took the ROX antivibes off my Versys and put em on my new 2012 Wee. I found that on the Versys they stopped the pounding my wrists and hands took from washboard on dirt roads. The only problem was the new brake system on 12s has different plumbing and there are no fixes I know of at this point. Sent back the Galfer hose Blair sent me. He said he is working with Galfer on a fix. I rerouted the stock hose between stem and right fork, barely works but appears safe.

·
Registered
122 Posts
another happy ROX customers...... the infinite adjustment between up and back allowed me to get it just right for a numb free ride going up to 500 mile days.

Once the reach and height issues is managed, maintaining body posture is a easier. The right seat for you is also a big component.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts