StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back, my Wee ('05) developed a vibration that I notice at idle, but really feel under load (5k+ rpm). I've had it in to 2 different shops, neither a Suzuki dealer, mostly because the local one seems...lazy based on prior work. I'd love to get to the bottom of it, but I think it will take an SV650/DL650 expert to realize that it's more than just standard wear on an engine that's just over 20k. I'm in southern NH but willing to take it a bit away if it gets me a knowledgeable mechanic.

Thanks!
Stephen

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Givis. I checked to verify they were tight. I assume you're going to say pull them, see if that does it?

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
They have been known to cause significant vibrations in the 5,000 rpm range. Mine don't but others do. There are a number of fixes that have been discussed around here before.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
The usual cause is the joint in front between the two sides rubbing together. Trimming them so they don't meet, getting the connector tighter and putting rubber or silicone between the ends are a few fixes.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Have you done a throttle body synchronization? If not, try that too.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All scheduled maintenance has been done, most of what was done by the shops appears to be in the way of test rides to try and isolate the issue. One shop was supposed to Dyno it and listen in, but I seriously doubt that happened.

I'll try the crash bar fixes this weekend. Based on the timing of the start of vibrations,t hey may be the culprits. Thanks for the input, folks!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Tight?

Another thing is to check the motor mounts for proper torque. A special tool is required for the lock nut though.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Chances are the problem is the Givi guards. There's no need to agonize over other possibilities until that one is checked as it is a known issue.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Givi guards are off, no change. I'll be trying the fuel additive next.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
182 Posts
Givi guards are off, no change. I'll be trying the fuel additive next.

Thanks everyone
Badgustav, although not an expert. I do live in North Grafton and I do have vacuum gauges so we could in theory check to make sure the synch is on.

I also have the reverse engineered computer thing but you don't need that on the 2005. I have the TB tool also.

Get with me through PM and we can talk. At least another set of eyes might be helpful considering we live in the same town.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts