StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to have a basic 'talk and listen to passenger com' system.
It also needs to be able to carry music from an Apple ipod or phone (bluetooth or wire..don't really care) to me as driver the rest of the time. Don't really want anything that increases the size of the helmets since they both currently just fit into a 52GIvi trunk.
Any recommendations for such a system?
Thanks
T.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, the kitty is creeping towards that price, I''l keep my eyes open for something used too.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
The best basic setup IMO is the Uclear hbc100. It allows you to play music from your smart phone as well as hear turn by turn GPS from your phone. It allows you to communicate with 1-4 people with Uclear devices in a full duplex. Best part of this device is its boom free. It has the mic built into the speakers. I have owned one for 2 years now and it's worked flawlessly. If I could improve one thing it would be a little louder but it's good enough.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I got a cheap $40 one on flee bay and couldn't be happier. It does mount to the side of the helmet, maybe sticks out a inch or so. Talked on the phone crystal clear at 60mph.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey CPD, can the transmitter unit be easily removed from the helmet, or is it a chore?
Our two flip up helmets really only fit into the Givi case just so (one forward, one sideways) with no room to spare.
Also, did you get yours from China via Ebay?
Thanks,
T.

·
Super Moderator
16,231 Posts
The best basic setup IMO is the Uclear hbc100. It allows you to play music from your smart phone as well as hear turn by turn GPS from your phone. It allows you to communicate with 1-4 pedople with Uclear devices in a full duplex. Best part of this device is its boom free. It has the mic built into the speakers. I have owned one for 2 years now and it's worked flawlessly. If I could improve one thing it would be a little louder but it's good enough.
So do the Sena. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Yes, but the one thing the Sena doesn't have and IMO the most important feature for full face helmet users like me, is the boomless mic. So put that in your pipe and smoke it!
You sure? Not an expert on all Sena models but my 20S did. I think there were three different mic types included.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
You sure? Not an expert on all Sena models but my 20S did. I think there were three different mic types included.

I can't find one Sena without some type of boom, but I could be wrong. They have small ones but they're still booms. The Uclear has the mic in the speakers and still picks up the sound perfectly. If you come across another boomless name brand Bluetooth communicator, please let me know.

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Yes, they come with boom mics fitted by default but mine, at least, also came with two additional mics to pick and choose form.

Exactly like the two below.

The bottom mic surely would be considered boom-less. :laugh2:

I believe they can also be ordered separately (20S-A0304) too.

If the Uclear works for you great. Not pushing the Sena 20S, though it works well for me. Just saying boom-less is available from Sena, too.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Purchased one of these babies off of eBay for under $40. Bluetooth and an FM radio. Great entertainment for the daily commute.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Utahrider, I'm interested, could you give more info on that product. If direct links upset the apple cart, perhaps you could let me know on a pm basis.
Muchos,
T.

·
Super Moderator
16,231 Posts
Yes, but the one thing the Sena doesn't have and IMO the most important feature for full face helmet users like me, is the boomless mic. So put that in your pipe and smoke it!
Hmmmm.......wonder how my Sena mounted to my Shoei has a boom-less mike. :wink2: Better get to smoking my friend. >:)

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
My Sena came with a tiny, wired microphone.

Sent from my smartshoe using my pinky toe.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Most of them come with a separate boom mic or wired microphoen you can stick to a chinbar.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Hmmmm.......wonder how my Sena mounted to my Shoei has a boom-less mike. :wink2: Better get to smoking my friend. >:)

I mean no external mic whatsoever. I guess I used the word "boom" incorrectly. I don't know of a Sena model without an external mic unless I missed something. Please do share...and I don't mean the pipe lol

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yeah mis use of words. A boom mic means just that. It's on a boom or arm. I don't know of any SENAs that don't have a microphone.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts