Strom Trooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
My new-to-me '02 DL1000 that I purchased in April has developed a problem. While on the highway all is well, in stop and go traffic it tends to overheat and stall. I'm a newb to riding and not yet familiar with the ins and outs of my Vstrom, so I need the name of a proven and trusted Suzuki mechanic located in the Portland Oregon metro area.
HELP!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hi folks,
My new-to-me '02 DL1000 that I purchased in April has developed a problem. While on the highway all is well, in stop and go traffic it tends to overheat and stall. I'm a newb to riding and not yet familiar with the ins and outs of my Vstrom, so I need the name of a proven and trusted Suzuki mechanic located in the Portland Oregon metro area.
HELP!
The chief mechanic at Yamaha Motorsports Plaza in Fairview (which is an authorized Suzuki dealership once again) has been working on Suzuki's for a couple decades. I've been going to him since 2007 and have been very happy with his work. Sorry I can't recall the individual's name of the top of my head.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The chief mechanic at Yamaha Motorsports Plaza in Fairview (which is an authorized Suzuki dealership once again) has been working on Suzuki's for a couple decades. I've been going to him since 2007 and have been very happy with his work. Sorry I can't recall the individual's name of the top of my head.
Thanks for the info, Steve. I'm curious if you happen to know of anyone down in the Clackamas/Gladstone/ Oregon City area as well. I could use a recommendation....

·
Registered
942 Posts
Thanks for the info, Steve. I'm curious if you happen to know of anyone down in the Clackamas/Gladstone/ Oregon City area as well. I could use a recommendation....
A few years ago I had heard there was an independent mechanic on highway 212 in Clackamas (somewhere near the Fred Meyer warehouse) but I never dealt with them personally nor remember who they were. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Motorcycle Warehouse is awesome! Very casual, but very knowledgable. My v-strom is there for a tune up right now. By the 2nd visit you'll feel like you know the guys there. Only open Wed-Sat. Good for them, sometimes annoying as a customer. Really happy with there service over the last couple of years.

12115 SE 82nd Ave, Portland, OR 97086
(503) 805-2684

·
Registered
540 Posts
Motorcycle Warehouse is awesome! Very casual, but very knowledgable. My v-strom is there for a tune up right now. By the 2nd visit you'll feel like you know the guys there. Only open Wed-Sat. Good for them, sometimes annoying as a customer. Really happy with there service over the last couple of years.

12115 SE 82nd Ave, Portland, OR 97086

(503) 805-2684

I'm sorry I didn't see this thread sooner. Plus one (+1) for Motorcycle Warehouse on SE 82nd Ave. Harris and his crew are awesome to work with. I get lots of work done there, and they never disappoint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts