StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought the V strom yesterday and I love it. But it has a lot more pull than my Harley. And the Harley had a sissy bar.

My GF likes to ride but she is afraid that she may slide off the rear of this bike.

I'm looking for a trunk that bolts on very well. Has a good pad for her to lean back on and can hold at least one helmet.

What suggestions do your hear from your wife and or GF or whomever is on back?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rear backrest of top box?....plain rear backrest?....
I'm not sure. Something that she can lean back on and not fear of it breaking off.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm not sure. Something that she can lean back on and not fear of it breaking off.
Jeez, how big is she? :jawdrop:

Any decent topbox will do, GIVI have a few that you can affix a backpad to, not as if the Vee has ability in pull 1G in a straight line, and also her feet / knees will sit lower than the Harley so will be able to use inner thighs to hang on.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeez, how big is she? :jawdrop:

Any decent topbox will do, GIVI have a few that you can affix a backpad to, not as if the Vee has ability in pull 1G in a straight line, and also her feet / knees will sit lower than the Harley so will be able to use inner thighs to hang on.
Ha. I could have sooooo much fun with that comment. :yesnod: Never make fat jokes about someone GF and or wife online, cause you don't know. I learned this one on a Harley forum years ago.:biggrinjester:

This is the "Big Girl" on my DRZ. :yesnod:

She is very fit. But she expressed concern about going off the back of the bike. I've had race bikes my entire life, but she has only ridden on the back of my Harley. And there is a big difference between the Harley and the V Strom. The main difference is that I ride wheelies on the V strom.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
She is very fit. But she expressed concern about going off the back of the bike.
Nevertheless she may have issues with the apparent typo in your thread title saying you need a TRUCK to keep her on the bike. Good golly Miss Molly. Gives kind of a negative mental image, just sayin. ;)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Truck!! (OK , Stoopy cover that already :mrgreen: ). I have a used Givi unit that plugs into the tail light and has a backpad (Givi also) and the complete mounting unit for our bikes I plan to move. If you are interested , let me know.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I installed a Bestem 929, but modded the plate to shift the box rearwards about 2". I also bolted the case to the motorcycle since I don't want it coming loose from my passenger leaning on it. I never take it off anyway.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nevertheless she may have issues with the apparent typo in your thread title saying you need a TRUCK to keep her on the bike. Good golly Miss Molly. Gives kind of a negative mental image, just sayin. ;)

I tried to edit it and it did not fix the title. Then I tried to delete it. Oh well, as you can see I think that she will be fine. But she did mention going off the back. I'd rather have something in place than not.

Truck!! (OK , Stoopy cover that already :mrgreen: ). I have a used Givi unit that plugs into the tail light and has a backpad (Givi also) and the complete mounting unit for our bikes I plan to move. If you are interested , let me know.
Price shipped to 40206?
Been thinking about this one.
Garage Pro Universal Motorcycle Travel Trunks - JCWhitney

Thoughts?

·
1,323 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Just a heads up, the backrest may end up pushing her too far forward. Took mine off the Givi, the wife is more comfortable now. Since she always wears a jacket with back protection she didn't miss the padding.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How do you know she didn't have interesting plans for that backrest?
Ha, my thoughts as well. This one is a trooper. She can handle riding on the back of my DRZ while I am on an actual moto X course. Landed a double with her once. No need for another GF as this one seems to do pretty well. But I do want to keep her on the bike when I take off.

·
1,323 Posts
Personally I think she has every right to ask for a backrest and/or top box. My GF is learning to ride a bike if her own and I've ridden on the back a couple times. It's no piece of cake to give up piloting to another, so be considerate and add a backrest and/or top box to make her feel planted with the rest of the bike.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I had a GF that wanted me to get a new bike with a backrest

I got a new GF instead

I got a new bike for my wife. I thought it was a fair trade....

Babumpbump!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts