StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I guess Brampton Powersports is gone. They closed down in early January. It's crazy that there are no Japanese brand motorcycle dealers in the largest city in Canada. Surely this is an opportunity for someone with some business smarts.

Anyway, I need to get my recall work done and Newmarket Suzuki has not answered my phone call or my email. Are there any other dealers around the GTA that are responsive and come recommended?

·
Super Moderator
13,095 Posts
It's probably way out of the way for you but I have been dealing with Asselstines and they have done a great job for me. When winter hits I will drop my bike off with them for valve check.

..Tom

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's probably way out of the way for you but I have been dealing with Asselstines and they have done a great job for me. When winter hits I will drop my bike off with them for valve check.

..Tom
It is a bit out of the way. If there's something on the 401 between Toronto and Belleville I could do that as I travel that route fairly regularly.

BTW, Newmarket Suzuki may be in business, but they're not returning my emails or calls. Do they shut down for vacation? Don't know, but I will need this service done before spring.

·
Super Moderator
13,095 Posts
It is a bit out of the way. If there's something on the 401 between Toronto and Belleville I could do that as I travel that route fairly regularly.

BTW, Newmarket Suzuki may be in business, but they're not returning my emails or calls. Do they shut down for vacation? Don't know, but I will need this service done before spring.
FWIW they are 20 minutes north of 401 at Bomanville on CR57. Good people!

..Tom

·
Registered
31 Posts
Snow City Cycle is just south of the 401 on Kennedy. Haven't had any service done there, just purchased parts/accessories. Heard good things about Asselstines as well as Clarington cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Ready Powersports in Mississauaga have done recall work on my bike's engine. First it took them much longer to get the parts then they had said when I called them to make an appointment. Then the service took 3 times longer then I've been said. I had to wait extra time also because they have not ordered one of the gaskets. Finally after 2 or 3 weeks I rode it back home. Since I already have had a new bike this one was sitting in the garage. After a week or so I noticed oil on the floor under the engine. Turned out one of the bolt of the R/H side cover was completely loose and I could've lost it on my way home. I've checked other bolts and found one more to be loose - on the cover of a water pump. Not sure if I want them to do the stator recall work on my bike again. I don't want to think what could have happened if I had got the oil on my rear tire when riding/braking or even better mix of an oil and antifreeze...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ready Powersports in Mississauaga have done recall work on my bike's engine. First it took them much longer to get the parts then they had said when I called them to make an appointment. Then the service took 3 times longer then I've been said. I had to wait extra time also because they have not ordered one of the gaskets. Finally after 2 or 3 weeks I rode it back home. Since I already have had a new bike this one was sitting in the garage. After a week or so I noticed oil on the floor under the engine. Turned out one of the bolt of the R/H side cover was completely loose and I could've lost it on my way home. I've checked other bolts and found one more to be loose - on the cover of a water pump. Not sure if I want them to do the stator recall work on my bike again. I don't want to think what could have happened if I had got the oil on my rear tire when riding/braking or even better mix of an oil and antifreeze...
Interesting. Brampton Powersports forgot a couple of cowling screws when they did my first recall.

Maybe I will haul it out of town after all. Make a day out of it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think different people will have different opinions of the various dealerships. I for example have had bad experiences at Newmarket; will never step in their service dept again.
Sturgess in Hamilton has been okay so far, but I've only done very 'basic' work there (first service and tire install).

Unfortunately bike shops in Canada are not particularly lucrative, so good shops and technicians are hard to come by...

·
Registered
104 Posts

Jesus, that's dis-heartening. I need to get both recalls done, which I was planning to do this spring and I was going to go to Ready as that is the closest place for me.

I've heard good things about Snow City; any other options/experiences?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Never taken my Wee to a dealership for anything, as I prefer to stick to my local bike shop where I feel they actually care about how things are done.
Paul at Toronto Cycle (Lakeshore and Brownsline) is really laid back and honest. He even looked up part numbers for me so I can order them online (to get them cheaper) and then he does the installation and upkeep. Good business if you ask me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Never taken my Wee to a dealership for anything, as I prefer to stick to my local bike shop where I feel they actually care about how things are done.
Paul at Toronto Cycle (Lakeshore and Brownsline) is really laid back and honest. He even looked up part numbers for me so I can order them online (to get them cheaper) and then he does the installation and upkeep. Good business if you ask me.
Sorry…..T.O. Cycle…….to be exact

·
Registered
104 Posts
I ended up going to Ready anyway, because I didn't feel like trailering (twice) to a remote location out of town.

I called them last week and said I am coming in, if they could order the parts. They called me on Monday saying the parts are in. Tuesday afternoon I dropped off the bike and they figured it would be done by next week. Today (Thursday afternoon) they called me saying the bike was done... so pretty good turn around time.

I noticed they didn't change my oil for the stator change. It was high before, it is low now... they just let some leak out I guess. That doesn't really matter, I'll do it myself and change the filter while I'm at it. Now I just need to go over all the bolts I can reach with a torque wrench and verify they've been tightened.

Edit... I also brought my bike in very dirty as I didn't wash it after my ride the other week. It is very easy to tell where they worked as the dirt was rubbed off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts