StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my 05 Wee, the previous owner only had one key, I am sure there were 2 originally, but now only one. Before I loose/break etc my only key, how do I go about getting a couple of copies made? :var_24:

·
Registered
812 Posts
My local locksmith got some blanks.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
My local locksmith had blanks in stock and made the key for me in minutes.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I had a spare made at the locksmith, they had the blank in stock. Think it cost like $5, and took all of 2 min to make. As long as they have the blank it shouldn't be a problem.

Blank #: ilco, X241, SUZ18

Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Most locksmiths will have blanks and can whip up a few spares in a minute or two. The same key blank was used in most, if not all, late-model Suzukis.

Your local hardware or home store probably won't have blanks, and the bored teenager manning the key machine may or may not care enough to order some for you... YMMV.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Most locksmiths will have blanks and can whip up a few spares in a minute or two. The same key blank was used in most, if not all, late-model Suzukis.
My 2007 DL650 key fits the lock of my 2012, although it is not cut the same.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a couple off of ebay that had a different look to them (red and blue heads). Just took them to the local hardware yesterday and he cut them for free. I even offered to pay. He just said "That's OK you'll come back later." Sometimes it pays to go local.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I bought a couple off of ebay that had a different look to them (red and blue heads). Just took them to the local hardware yesterday and he cut them for free. I even offered to pay. He just said "That's OK you'll come back later." Sometimes it pays to go local.
Same thing happened to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts