StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
story, bike would not start after a one hour ride. after a full charge,and left overnight holds a 12.9v charge.constantly drops while riding no charging at all. replaced the regulator, used, and no difference, so suspect a stator....I am leaving to go to a wedding and vacation in Dartmouth and valley, so i am driving it down so far as long as the battery lasts...so any shop, decent prices good work and maybe anyone with a stator for a 2003 1000vee that works who wants to sell it......pm me

in NS 10 aug..

·
Registered
816 Posts
How are you determining that it is not charging, because the battery goes flat, or with a meter? If it's the original battery, it's probably done and just not holding a charge.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
battery

battery new this spring, tested with a volt meter at rest key on running, idle at 12.4v at 5000 rpm 12,6v. battery also tested at canadian tire and passed with 100 reading. going for a ride a rpm 5-6000 and battery discharges ordered up a new stator and rectifier but need a shop in NS

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
work getting done

work getting done at valley suzuki....big difference in the gasket price,gen side, that is for expedited shipping, moncton 35 pro sport 15......

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Waterlilly, I realize you are in Ontario, but hopefully you still realize that Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador are not the same province :)

Although I do recommend going to The Rock for a trip, it seems a bit far to find a service shop :)

Ah geez really?

Seems lots of folks from different provinces/states visit this site.

Well that site is the same, a wealth of knowledge from the Eastern provinces.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Waterlilly, I realize you are in Ontario, but hopefully you still realize that Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador are not the same province :)

Although I do recommend going to The Rock for a trip, it seems a bit far to find a service shop :)
Ive always been of the impression that half of the population of Ontario are either from Newfoundland or their parents were. (and that's a good thing :yesnod:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts