StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and sifted through pages of tech stuff but can't find any pictures or how-to info for tapping into your rear brake light for the neg. connection on a fuse block.

Could someone help me out and point me toward a thread or any information about this?

I was hoping to save a few bucks, even though that easter beaver setup looks nice.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The E/B harness connects to the positive wire that feeds the rear brake switch. The brown wire in the sheath along the left side of the under seat tray can also be tapped by a DIYer into to turn on the fuse block relay whenever the ignition is on or in Park. It would be the the black wire connected to the blue wire in the diagram. It would be the positive connection. The negative connection would be the negative battery post.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all ove the above info.

Instead, I think I am going to run the positive from the battery, through an inline fuse, to a 12v toggle switch. When the switch is on, bam, power to the fuse box. When it's off, no power.

Anyone have arguments as to why this is a bad idea?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Forget to turn off the switch just once or have a passerby flip it out of curiosity and you may have a dead and possibly damaged battery. It isn't that hard to hook up a relay. It's okay for just a GPS but stuff like heated grips can cause a problem in a hurry.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I broke down and just spliced the brown wire. I was afraid I would jack something up but everything appears to be working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts