StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I know there are a lot of tyre threads, but...

My Vee has a nearly new (2,000km) Anakee 2 on the rear and I'd like to get a front to match. The bike shop has quoted a ridiculous price for a V-rated Anakee 2 front whereas the recommended I think is a H-rated tyre.

Trouble is that there's none in the country...

Am I best to grab the V-rated tyre or look at a different front tyre altogether? If so, what would be a good match for the Anakee rear?

Yours sincerely, an adventure-tyre buying noob...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ok, so I know there are a lot of tyre threads, but...

My Vee has a nearly new (2,000km) Anakee 2 on the rear and I'd like to get a front to match. The bike shop has quoted a ridiculous price for a V-rated Anakee 2 front whereas the recommended I think is a H-rated tyre.

Trouble is that there's none in the country...

Am I best to grab the V-rated tyre or look at a different front tyre altogether? If so, what would be a good match for the Anakee rear?

Yours sincerely, an adventure-tyre buying noob...
I've been running a mis-matched pair for a couple years, Metzler Tourance up front and Continental Trail Attack in the rear. Works for me... YMMV.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
It's hard to give advice without knowing what is (a) in inventory and (b) reasonably priced on a couple of islands on the other end of the planet.

With that said, it's no big deal at all to run different brand tires on the front and rear, and there are no truly bad tires these days (with the possible exception of the stock Trail Wings, but that's debatable.)

Mount up whatever you can get easiest, and wear it out as fast as you can. :thumbup:

I wouldn't worry for two seconds about the different speed ratings. Both ratings are well above the top speed of your machine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts