StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's past time I replace my spark plugs and brake pads. My go-to online shops don't seem to carry anything for the 2014. Please don't tell me the only option is to pay $27 for one spark plug.

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
Didn't the 2014 come with Iridium plugs? Those should go a easy 50K. The ones in my 650 have over that and were fine when checked recently.

·
Registered
15,613 Posts
I think my stock plug went 80K and I replaced it and put the same thing in.
Brake pads, 50K is normal for my riding.
A search in the little box at the top of the page my provide enlightenment about such things. The box has a G in it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Im afraid with the spark plugs thats the only option at the moment as for the brake pads there are lots on ebay etc ( uses the same pad as a gsxr)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im afraid with the spark plugs thats the only option at the moment as for the brake pads there are lots on ebay etc ( uses the same pad as a gsxr)
Thanks for being helpful! I've got something I can look for now.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,439 Posts
There are some guys on ADV that have found a spark plug that is the same heat range and threads, but not Iridium. Otherwise, the Dealer seems to be the only source for that exact spark plug so far. Like mentioned before, I think I would just run the factory plugs for another service interval, or two! Really nothing to hurt doing that. I think the service interval on these is too short. My RT service calls for new plugs at 12K, there are only two on it. They looked like new when I replaced them.......

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like mentioned before, I think I would just run the factory plugs for another service interval, or two! Really nothing to hurt doing that.
I've got 21k miles, so the devil has come for his due. The stock front tire just got replaced which is freaking amazing life. Front brakes are right down to the clips, spark plugs are are almost 3x over used, and it's past time for an exhaust valve inspection. And the air filter...it's time for another vacuuming. Time to get to work! :)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EBC Brakes EPFA379HH FRONT
EBC Brakes FA419HH REAR

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
My dealer told me the other day after inspecting my plugs that they looked new (12k km) and he thought they would be good for 50k km.

I bought my plugs from canadasmotorcycle.ca, 4 of them cost $85 Canadian plus tax. Looks like I will have these for many years before use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts