StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my SW center stand doesnt fully retract anymore. I have always greased it and now I think it has gotten gummed up. maybe it is grease, dirt, or maybe rust but lubing doesnt help anymore. anyone have a suggestion?

·
Registered
25 Posts
WD40, kerosene, diesel or any number of commercial degreasers will probably do the trick. Get and old toothbrush and put some muscle into it. Rinse and repeat until satisfied, then lube whatever needs lubeing. Should do the trick, this isn't exactly rocketscience...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Brake parts cleaner, mpk, mineral spirits all work pretty good. Simple green smells good and works. Usr yhe concentrate (don't dilute) and let it soak. It smells good too.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Grease with Zerk fittings

Sometimes they are clogged and last greasing a failure.

Did you see grease coming out of the sides?

Grease does not "dry" into a jamming solid

·
Registered
15,544 Posts
Grease does not "dry" into a jamming solid

Guess who hasn't been around long enough?
Grease, given dirt and heat and cold can set up to a very good imitation of a solid. Enough so to not work anymore.
How about removing the center stand assy and doing a clean and lube and reassembly?

·
Registered
858 Posts
i like simple green. it isn't hard on anything that you don't want to degrease, and does the job reasonably well. used it to clean bits of tar/water and ice off siding when i used to roof, also. worked like a charm, and didn't discolor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts