StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my website I've got a what's up, down, upcoming on my wife's new Wee. They are damn straight, good little bikes...but you need arms like an orangutan! Do Suzuki designers have arms hanging to their knees, or what?:biggrinjester: Just like my Vee...just saying

·
Registered
432 Posts
I think that if you can sit on the bike with your feet flat on the ground the bike would probably fit perfectly. Alas I am a bit shorter in the legs and arms. still love the bike. I prefer to ride where I rarely have to stop.

·
Registered
175 Posts
At 6'3" tall and 225 pounds with a 36" inseam I think the Suzuki engineers are brilliant! Just because it's a 650 and nicknamed "Wee" doesn't mean it's a small bike. And THANK THE GODS!

Personally I think the Vee motor is too much. I love my DL-650 "BIG"-Strom! :)

Seriously, this is a bit of a touchy subject with me. There are TONS of bikes out there for 100 pound midgets (or females :thumbup: ) and there's Harleys for FAT people (or Americans :green_lol: :patriot: ) and VERY FEW bikes for tall people. :mod2_cowboy:

Though I consider myself lucky that one of the few bikes that accommodates tall people is also one of the best bikes made... :beatnik:

·
Registered
237 Posts
At 6'3" tall and 225 pounds with a 36" inseam I think the Suzuki engineers are brilliant! Just because it's a 650 and nicknamed "Wee" doesn't mean it's a small bike. And THANK THE GODS!

Personally I think the Vee motor is too much. I love my DL-650 "BIG"-Strom! :)

Seriously, this is a bit of a touchy subject with me. There are TONS of bikes out there for 100 pound midgets (or females :thumbup: ) and there's Harleys for FAT people (or Americans :green_lol: :patriot: ) and VERY FEW bikes for tall people. :mod2_cowboy:

Though I consider myself lucky that one of the few bikes that accommodates tall people is also one of the best bikes made... :beatnik:
Amen to that ! My 650 is the best bike I could find for a tall dude, was just a tad small stock, but after lowering the pegs, raising the bars and bolting highway bars to the bash plate, I am now riding in comfort. Love this bike and have since I bought her in '12, but gotta admit I am more than curious about the new vee.....

·
Registered
179 Posts
I thought I wanted a FJ-09, until I sat on it. Way too small, feeling like so many others out there. My new 650 fits perfect. 6'2", 34"inseam here.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm 5'7", 160 with a 29" inseam and I hate you.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'm 6'4" and I find the Vee to be just a bit too low.

I have lowered the pegs and put on the Suzuki tall saddle and it's still a bit small.

I much prefer the saddle hight of my KTM 450 thumper.

·
Registered
578 Posts
On my website I've got a what's up, down, upcoming on my wife's new Wee. They are damn straight, good little bikes...but you need arms like an orangutan! Do Suzuki designers have arms hanging to their knees, or what?:biggrinjester: Just like my Vee...just saying
How tall is your wife?

Sounds to me like it's the wrong bike for her. The Wee is a darn big bike for a lady..... unless she's like Eglantine.... a lovely french girl I dated that was a delightful 6'2", but she rode horses not bikes.

·
Registered
578 Posts
They are damn straight, good little bikes...but you need arms like an orangutan! Do Suzuki designers have arms hanging to their knees, or what?
I don't know about arm length of the engineers, but IMO they don't take much care over hand, arm ergonomics. The stock bar is simply horrible IMO. A nasty twangy piece of metal with way to much sweep.... so swept back that it's more comfortable to grip with your forearms crossed.

I got rid of mine and put on a Flexx bar. Day and night difference.

If it were not for the crappy gear box and clutch basket I would like the Vee more and not be thinking about selling it every other day.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I am 5'8" tall 28" inseam.

I found the stock bars to be too narrow and way too close to me. I put a wide bar with less pull back.

As soon as I have some spare cash I am going to get a taller seat, since the seat to foot peg handle bar triangle is still a little cramped for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts