StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so once we decide on a date for Big B's tech day, I thought maybe those of us riding down from the North could meet up somewhere and head down together. B wants to get things started in the morning, around 9-ish, and it'll take us around two hours to get there, so maybe we'll meet early somewhere.

Who's interested?
Any suggestions on the meeting place and time?
Any suggestions on the route down? Slab it or backroads?

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I vote no to any slabs. :)

Looking at the map, State Route 3 takes you directly to Westerville. I have no idea what the road is like, though.

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Okay, so once we decide on a date for Big B's tech day, I thought maybe those of us riding down from the North could meet up somewhere and head down together. B wants to get things started in the morning, around 9-ish, and it'll take us around two hours to get there, so maybe we'll meet early somewhere.

Who's interested?
Any suggestions on the meeting place and time?
Any suggestions on the route down? Slab it or backroads?
I vote for a meet in Medina at Rt 18 and Rt 71. As far as time, what about 7am. As far as route, how about 42?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've taken 42 down, which is fun but once you hit Mansfield, man it's slow going. MFD has so many traffic lights it's rediculous. I'm down for whatever, let me take a look at that Rt. 3.

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
I've taken 42 down, which is fun but once you hit Mansfield, man it's slow going. MFD has so many traffic lights it's rediculous. I'm down for whatever, let me take a look at that Rt. 3.
It doesn't matter to me. I good with what ever!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, that Rt. 3 might not be a bad solution. We could jump on it straight out of Medina, and it skirts the Mohican State Forest, which is sure to be exciting. That's a definite possibility.

You guys taking anything down to install? I'll be doing a 43t rear sprocket, SpeedoHealer and MasterMike's rear spacers. I bought a set of the spacers used off that "other" forum. I'll also have the Leo's on by then as they're coming tomorrow. Somehow between now and then I need to get that stupid 600 mile service done too, come on weather!!!

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Actually, that Rt. 3 might not be a bad solution. We could jump on it straight out of Medina, and it skirts the Mohican State Forest, which is sure to be exciting. That's a definite possibility.

You guys taking anything down to install? I'll be doing a 43t rear sprocket, SpeedoHealer and MasterMike's rear spacers. I bought a set of the spacers used off that "other" forum. I'll also have the Leo's on by then as they're coming tomorrow. Somehow between now and then I need to get that stupid 600 mile service done too, come on weather!!!
I got nothin' to install. Just hoping to get a TBS done & gain a little confidence watching others doing a little wrenching. :)

I've been trying to get mine in for the 4000 mile service. I have an appointment tomorrow...I don't think I'll make it. :mad:

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
install

I may have my skid plate by then and I do need to do a ground wire.
By the way, this kind of sucks. I am typing this all from my phone.

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
Hey guys......the 9 oclock time isn't set in stone, I just meant that some people may start arriving by then. Do what is best for you guys, I know that it is a pretty good haul.

Route 3 is a nice road, and it will pretty much take you straight to my house. If you do take route 3, you will eventually come to the MAXTOWN/POLARIS intersection....hang a left on Maxtown. Go to the 2nd light & take a left on Hilmar. First stop sign "Pine Hollow" take a right, I am the 5th house on left.

Brian Burton
6749 Pine Hollow Drive
Westerville, OH 43082

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool. In that case, I think Rt. 3 is a great route.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
So, we could meet at the Waffle House just west of 71 on 18 in Medina.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Perfect, just a couple minutes from my house.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Streets & Trips shows 104 miles door to door, 2 1/4 hrs at legal speeds :D

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Place and time?

OK, it sounds like we are getting this together. What do you guys think about meeting at the Waffle House in Medina at 630am, have a bite and meet each other, then head south on Rt.3 to the "FIRST ANNUAL BIG B V-STROM TECH DAY AND RIDE PARTY" I am open to anthing just throwing out some ideas.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Hey guys......the 9 oclock time isn't set in stone, I just meant that some people may start arriving by then. Do what is best for you guys, I know that it is a pretty good haul.

Route 3 is a nice road, and it will pretty much take you straight to my house. If you do take route 3, you will eventually come to the MAXTOWN/POLARIS intersection....hang a left on Maxtown. Go to the 2nd light & take a left on Hilmar. First stop sign "Pine Hollow" take a right, I am the 5th house on left.

Brian Burton
6749 Pine Hollow Drive
Westerville, OH 43082
Dude I am so totally gonna stalk you. :twisted:

****ERS!!!! Ya'll getting together to drink beers, wrench on Stroms and gripe about OSU sports... /monkey is mad

I may just organize a NC Monkey Tech-Day just to SPITE YOU!! So THERE!

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
OK, it sounds like we are getting this together. What do you guys think about meeting at the Waffle House in Medina at 630am, have a bite and meet each other, then head south on Rt.3 to the "FIRST ANNUAL BIG B V-STROM TECH DAY AND RIDE PARTY" I am open to anthing just throwing out some ideas.
6:30 works for me.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
630 (yawn) works for me too. I'll have to get to bed early the night before!

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
Dude I am so totally gonna stalk you. :twisted:

****ERS!!!! Ya'll getting together to drink beers, wrench on Stroms and gripe about OSU sports... /monkey is mad

I may just organize a NC Monkey Tech-Day just to SPITE YOU!! So THERE!
Should be a pretty good time, you and I will catch up this Summer....or "maybe" earlier. We have some pretty good "personalities" showing up for this event, it will be entertaining!:cool: When you gonna be in Columbus for the band?

Later,

BB

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
I'll see how this goes......could very well do it again!!!!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts