StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Calling all riders in the area. We have some awesome riding along the Mississippi river. Huge bluffs, Bald eagles, very scenic!! Send me a PM and let's organize a ride this spring, summer, or fall.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It hit 60 degrees here yesterday so I went out on the first official ride of spring. Put 40 miles on the Strom. Anyone else ride?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I used to live on the east side of the river up there...and have now relocated to the west side a little farther SW. :fineprint:

I'm up for a ride most anytime. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in Prairie Du Chien almost every week Thursday-Sunday. I'll be up for a ride almost anytime!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It sounds like several riders are interested in riding along the Mighty Mississippi. Let's make this happen! The stretch between Prairie Du Chien WI and LaCrosse WI is some of the best scenery along the entire River.
Cabella's in PDC is a good starting place. Also many hotels/motels in PDC.
I will volunteer to take everyone out on a boat ride after our two wheel adventure.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Thanks for the compliment.

Not to hijack your thread with ride reports from another forum, but if you are interested in what might lie a ways south of the state line here are a couple more short rides I did.

A quicky - FJRForum

Another quickie - FJRForum

With all this snow, it's kind of nice to see the green stuff again in the photos.

Take care.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the compliment.

Not to hijack your thread with ride reports from another forum, but if you are interested in what might lie a ways south of the state line here are a couple more short rides I did.

A quicky - FJRForum

Another quickie - FJRForum

With all this snow, it's kind of nice to see the green stuff again in the photos.

Take care.

Very nice indeed!

Here are a few reasons why I enjoy riding SW WI and NE Iowa-

1) The roads are in very good shape. Never a pot hole anywhere!
2) The scenery is outstanding! I feel I'm riding in the mountains at times.
3) Traffic is not too bad
4) Excellent restaurants everywhere! The people are very friendly too.
5) You can ALWAYS find a cozy bar in Wisconsin at the end of your ride!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WE are now at the end of March and the snow is gone! Temps still a bit cool but warming a little each day. I'm looking forward to the first good ride of the year!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm in for a group ride. Let me know when this becomes a reality.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts