Strom Trooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My wife and I just moved to Chapel Hill after 14 yrs in Bloomington Indiana. I looked around on Meetup.com and found nothing for Vstrom or even ADV. There have to be many of you here I think given the population, etc.

If interested in meeting up, reply to this thread and I will create a meetup group for us to ride or join an existing group or something! I know absolutely no one here and would love to make new friends!

Shashi

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all,

My wife and I just moved to Chapel Hill after 14 yrs in Bloomington Indiana. I looked around on Meetup.com and found nothing for Vstrom or even ADV. There have to be many of you here I think given the population, etc.

If interested in meeting up, reply to this thread and I will create a meetup group for us to ride or join an existing group or something! I know absolutely no one here and would love to make new friends!

Shashi

I'm interested. I'm in Raleigh 2012 Wee Strom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi. I'm in Cary. Haven't met up with many others in the area, and haven't done much more than commuting to work for a few years. But I did drag myself to the mountains this past weekend and am still riding that high. I need to get more in touch and on the road more often! Welcome to NC!
Don

·
Registered
47 Posts
I live in Rocky Mount NC. Heading to the mountains this weekend for a riding, fishing, camping trip. Friday Oct. 27 to Monday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ADV Rider

Sorry didn't realize this forum doesn't notify me on replies. I was at a Formula 1 meetup in Raleigh last Sunday for the Mexican GP and learned that ADVRider has people from the Triangle area getting together to ride (non-sport bikes).

I am going to go poke around and see what's there before creating a new group.

Those of you on here that are interested: would you like to get together this coming Saturday afternoon or maybe next week? Anywhere in the Triangle area is fine by me (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary, Apex, etc) I don't know much about good places either so I am open to suggestions. I've heard that bikers gather at the Carolina Brewery in Pittsboro so that's an option too.

Shashi

·
Registered
38 Posts
You are correct! Every Sunday morning at the Carolina Brewery. Most of the folks who are there regularly are not the younger folks, more gray hair than not. A very eclectic collection of motorcycles. Some days are BMW days, some are Ducati days, some days multiple Moto Guzzi, sometimes Triumph and sometimes one of everything. One fellow has a Honda Transalp and goes everywhere on it, I saw him in Birmingham a few weeks ago with it. The fellows I generally see there stand around, talk bikes, look at everybody else's and then decide where to ride to for lunch. All are welcome and appreciated.
I will not be there this Sunday but expect to be there the next. I hope to see you there and meet you.
John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks John! I will definitely put the Carolina Brewery on my calendar, tentatively for November 13 and hope to make it and meet you there as well.

Shashi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts