StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just saw this and found it interesting, It is a new product by National Cycle design just for the Strom to reduce Wind noise and buffeting. Anyone used it?

http://www.nationalcycle.com/newstuff/index.html#

http://www.nationalcycle.com/catalogue/VStream.shtml

"Riders of the Suzuki® DL1000 and DL650 V-Strom® are sure to love the advantages offered by National Cycle's new N20212 VStream® windshield. Designed specifically for the V-Strom, the N20212 VStream windshield dramatically reduces the wind noise and buffeting experienced with the stock windshield on both models, enabling longer rides in much greater comfort for riders of virtually any height.

The unique 'V' shape of the VStream windshield, coupled with its 8" greater height and 6" greater width, pushes the airflow out and away from the sides of the rider's head, greatly enhancing comfort. Lexan® polycarbonate construction with FMR hardcoating also means that the N20212 VStream windshield is the toughest, most scratch resistant windshield available anywhere for the DL1000 and DL650 V-Stroms."

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Functional + Ugly = Fugly

That must work.

How could they expect to sell anything that looks like that if it didn't.

For the sake of science, you must buy it and post a full report.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not gonna try it, you try it. Why do you think I am asking around. It's like someone took a piece of Plexiglas and cracked it over their knee, filed down the edges, and then said "looks good, lets sell it".

·
Registered
202 Posts
I got one of these shields to test and found it was much too tall for me so I cut the very top portion of the shield off (about 3-4 inches) and it made a big difference - in both appearance and performance for me.

I will take some pics soon and post them. I also passed this along to the manufacturer and they MAY make a modified version (like mine) available.

There was another guy on this forum who recently bought the V-Stream shield and absolutely loves it after trying several other aftermarket shields.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
i will stick with the invisible man that slaps my helmet as i ride before i would look like some retard who made his own windshield

Haha, man that's funny. I couldn't agree more, that's the most bootleg looking windshield I've seen yet. No chance would that go on my bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I thought my cee bailey's looked goofy........it does but not that bad:rolleyes:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have the V-Stream on my FJR for the winter months. It works as advertised and when adjusted right, creates a dead still pocket for me. Added benefit is that it draws heat up from the motor, so I get a bit of warming for free!

A friend just got one for his RT and has the same positive results. Yeah, they might not be the best looking shield out there, but they seem to work well for most folks. I would also comment that the quality is excellent, too.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I have the V-Stream on my FJR for the winter months. It works as advertised and when adjusted right, creates a dead still pocket for me. Added benefit is that it draws heat up from the motor, so I get a bit of warming for free!

A friend just got one for his RT and has the same positive results. Yeah, they might not be the best looking shield out there, but they seem to work well for most folks. I would also comment that the quality is excellent, too.
Yeah, I've been seeing the ads for these in the mags for all the big sport-tourers, FJR, ST1100/1300, the Beemers, etc. I'm one for function over form. Everything is a trade-off. If I didn't already have the Givi, I'd give this one strong consideration. (Maybe I will anyway.) Anything to make a 500 mile day more enjoyable is to be applauded.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
NO matter what you people think .. I love mine and I have owned 3 different types..

The Vstrom is no beauty queen anyway.... come on. It flat WORKS!

·
Registered
594 Posts
It is so damn ugly I wanna puke...BUT I ordered one anyway.
I had a National Cycle windscreen on my 1983 CX650E 25 years ago and it was a quality product then and I hope it is now.
I would also echo what others have said in that it MUST work well in order for NC to have a hope in hell of selling that abomination.
I actually think that from an aerodinamic perspective it may work quite well.
I DO plan on wearing a paper bag over my helmet though.
I will keep ya posted on how it works.
BTW..One of the few nice things about being over 50 is that you don't care what other people think of you....should help alot with this wshield.:devil_16:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts