StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a set of rectangular Napoleon-style mirrors for my new mirror-mounted turn signal project. I used the Emgo mirrors on my last wee, and they were adequate but a little flimsy and showed more vibration than the stock mirrors. Does anyone know if the Napoleons are worth the extra $$ in that respect?

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Don't know about the Napoleons, but I have long JC Whitneys (=emgo) for $15 and they are about as solid as I could expect. I think I did finally notice some vibration the other down during a high-speed interstate run, but I am really, really impressed with their stability and would be reluctant to change.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Does anyone know if the Napoleons are worth the extra $$ in that respect?
I'm not having any vibration problem with the Napoleons. They have glass that is slightly convex for a wider angle view. But what do you mean by extra $$? I paid about $15 each for them. Dennis Kirk, I think.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I've purchased Napoleon and Emgo for previous bikes, and both were too flexy, did not keep position under wind pressure and had cheap plastic mirror surfaces.

I have yet to find any non-OEM mirrors that were of acceptable quality for me.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not having any vibration problem with the Napoleons. They have glass that is slightly convex for a wider angle view. But what do you mean by extra $$? I paid about $15 each for them. Dennis Kirk, I think.
I had only seen the long-stem versions for about $50/pair, but I see now that Dennis Kirk has both long and short stem models. Thanks for the tip!

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I have yet to find any non-OEM mirrors that were of acceptable quality for me.
No quality issues with my Napoleons. They've got two full riding seasons and somewhere around 34k miles on them. This picture was taken in October. That's dirt on the lens, not delamination.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts