StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Don't know what the mirrors are like there, but the Australia ones are square, ugly and you can see SFA out of them!

These one's look (and sound) good. Wonder if I can get some 'down under'.

Hooroo

Paul

M

·
0 Posts
I'm replacing my mirrors with Suzuki Burgman 400 scooter mirrors because they extend further out to the sides. When wearing a motorcycle jacket with shoulder pads, the stock mirrors give a great view of my shoulders, but I can't see well directly behind the bike. This is why I went with the wider mirrors... so that I can easily see what's directly behind me as well as to the sides.

http://www.suzuki.ca/en/bike/images/intro/an40-lg1.jpg

I believe that this is why people look for the Napoleon mirrors as their long model extends out further than the stock mirrors.

M

·
0 Posts
SpeedStar said:
I just went to KTM Duke mirrors. They give a much wider field of vision and look cool too.
Can you post a photo? How much did they cost?

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
mark30pwr said:
SpeedStar said:
I just went to KTM Duke mirrors. They give a much wider field of vision and look cool too.
Can you post a photo? How much did they cost?
I will try to get a photo.

They are $22 each and you also need and adapter mount that is $14 each.

I got them at my local dealer with a slight discount for $70 OTD for everything.

The left and right mirror are different part # but the adapters are the same.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ordered the KTM Duke II mirrors and adapters from KTMWORLD here in Georgia. The mirrors were about $22 each and 2 adapters were $14 - $58 plus shipping.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow

They look better than I thought they would

N I C E

So, do they do anything to reduce noise?

Some have speculated the noise is created by the OEM Mirrors

Do you ride without the windsheild fulltime?

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Chris said:
Wow

They look better than I thought they would

N I C E

So, do they do anything to reduce noise?

Some have speculated the noise is created by the OEM Mirrors

Do you ride without the windsheild fulltime?
I ride without the screen mostly now. I am working on a smaller screen and a mini cover to go over the mount area to act as a mini fairing.

I have not noticed any difference in buffeting with these as I don't use the stock screen. You don't get any buffeting without the screen but it is louder as you hear more wind noise.

J

·
0 Posts
SpeedStar said:
Do they have a web site? I have been unable to find these on the web. They are sweet!

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
JRE said:
SpeedStar said:
Do they have a web site? I have been unable to find these on the web. They are sweet!
They are KTM (the austrian bike manufacturer) Duke mirrors.
Just call your local KTM dealer or you could order online.
Just Google KTM and you should be able to find an online dealer for parts.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
JRE said:
I found a site ktm-parts.com that sells them (after much searching). One question though, do I only need to order the mirrors and the riser (I'm not sure what to call it - figure 29) part? See page 32 here -> http://www.ktm-parts.com/pdf/KTM2001DUKEII/2001KTMDUKEII.pdf. Sorry for all the questions but I hate ordering stuff wrong!
The correct part #'s for KTM Duke mirrors are:

Left side mirror: 587-12-040-000 approx $22
Right side mirror: 587-12-041-000 approx $22
Mirror adapter supports: 584-12-040-050 approx $14 each
(two needed, same for both left and right side)

J

·
0 Posts
Thanks, man. That's what I thought. How do you compare their visibilty to the stock mirrors (which I feel are very good, they just don;t look as nice)?

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
JRE said:
Thanks, man. That's what I thought. How do you compare their visibilty to the stock mirrors (which I feel are very good, they just don;t look as nice)?

The field of vision is better as thay are more convex than the stockers.
The image is smaller but you get used to it quickly. I like them better.

J

·
0 Posts
I placed my order today. It's starting to get warmer so it won't be too long before I get her out! 8)

BTW, they were cheaper today for some reason : $19.32 for the left $19.61 for the right and $12.97 ea for the supports. If anyone is interested, this might be a good time.

J

·
0 Posts
Stupid question...I got the mirrors today, used the KTM stem but when I screw the mirror on, it gets tight when the mirror is facing backwards (it doesn't swivel around) - did you have to use washers as spacers?

J

·
0 Posts
Nevermind, it was a stupid question.
I didn't see the other nut up under the rubber sheath. I'd delete the post and save some face but it might help some other poor soul.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts