StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I did a bit of quick research, but I did not find my answer.

Will the NAPA Gold 1359 Oil Filter fit my 09 Wee straight out of the box or will it require one of those little threaded adapter thingy's? I've heard it both ways. I am changing both Oil and Filter tomorrow after work and I plan on using the NAPA Gold 1359 if possible but I do not have the adapter plug. So, I am hoping my Wee does not need it. Yes, I tried the search feature...

I am also switching to Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 Synthetic Oil.

BTW, my Wee has 17,500 miles on it and has seen nothing but Suzuki OEM oil and filters. Changed every 3,000 miles, religiously.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The NAPA Gold 1359 Oil Filter fits directly on the union. It can be hand tightened and takes a maximum of 3/4 turn beyond contact, not the 2 turns of the Suzuki filter.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pat, thanks for the quick reply, I knew you'd chime in with all that V-Strom mojo filled in your brain. Dude, you rock! :thumbup:

Seriously, thank you.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
By the way, the WIX 51359 is the same filter.

If WIX and NAPA/Gold filters are good for you (and they are for me), fleetfilter.com is a good place to buy them. A year's supply for the neighborhood or for the family fleet shares the shipping costs and makes them more affordable.

·
Registered
543 Posts
fleetfilter.com is a good place to buy them. A year's supply for the neighborhood or for the family fleet shares the shipping costs and makes them more affordable.
+100 :yesnod:

Local NAPA clowns wanted $12.00 per filter. Went online to fleetfilter and got quality Wix filters for all the fleet (4 cars and my bike) in quantities that have lasted over two years now.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I got the new Shell Synthetic in the Wee now, along with a switch to the NAPA Gold 1359 filter. I picked up a big 4 quart jug from Wally World for $21 and the filter was $11 (ouch) from local NAPA store. I got a quart left over for next oil change.

Anyways, my brother rides a 2009 KLR650 and is asking if he can use the same Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 full synthetic in his single cylinder thumper.

Any thoughts, will this stuff be okay in his Kawasaki?

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
It will work fine.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Napa on sale

Just a heads up, my local NAPA dealer is having a filter promo got my 1359's for 5 bucks. and the filters for my chev's for $3.50. these are the gold (Wix) filters. Not sure if other parts of the country have the same promo. ours is usually in the fall so I stock up each year.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Just a heads up, my local NAPA dealer is having a filter promo got my 1359's for 5 bucks. and the filters for my chev's for $3.50. these are the gold (Wix) filters. Not sure if other parts of the country have the same promo. ours is usually in the fall so I stock up each year.
what part of the state are you in? i live in SW Washington state, and if they are on sale in my area i will definitely pick some up! that is a good deal

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Rockauto.com is another outstanding source for Wix filters ($6.42 each!). And their shipping costs are very low.

·
Registered
40 Posts
By the way, the WIX 51395 is the same filter.

If WIX and NAPA/Gold filters are good for you (and they are for me), fleetfilter.com is a good place to buy them. A year's supply for the neighborhood or for the family fleet shares the shipping costs and makes them more affordable.
Thanks to you, I wasted money on a filter that I don't need and my bike is out of commission until I get the right one - the 51359, not 51395.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts