StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a while back about having difficulty putting my bike up on the center stand. I always have to put the back tire on a board in order to do so. So that got me inspecting the bile; my wishbone is stock, so perhaps I have an aftermarket rear shock? I also noticed there is no adjustment screw on this one like the stocker is supposed to have.

Can anyone tell me is this a stock or aftermarket shock in the pic attached?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
Looks like a stocker to me.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I posted a while back about having difficulty putting my bike up on the center stand. I always have to put the back tire on a board in order to do so. So that got me inspecting the bile; my wishbone is stock, so perhaps I have an aftermarket rear shock? I also noticed there is no adjustment screw on this one like the stocker is supposed to have.

Can anyone tell me is this a stock or aftermarket shock in the pic attached?

I agree - that looks like the stock shock. The compression adjuster should be on the bottom clevis, on the left side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,337 Posts
Looks stock to me too. It could have been modified however. I think the small screw adjustment on the bottom left is rebound only?

·
Administrator
17,094 Posts
Really hard to tell from that pic, but I agree it appears to be a modified stock unit.

Reactions: talonstrom72

·
Registered
201 Posts
Looks stock to me too. It could have been modified however. I think the small screw adjustment on the bottom left is rebound only?

Yes. My mistake. It does not do much to alter the harsh feel of the shock, either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Maybe the suspension setup has been fitted with shorter dog bones to lower it. This would make it harder to get on the centre stand.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I looked at the dog bone and it is stamped the same as the stock one. I will measure it at some point.

BTW, my rear shock has no little adjustment screw like manual says it should have, looks like it might be a rebuilt sticker perhaps? Maybe that's why it is so difficult to get this bike up on the center stand. I always have to put the rear wheel on a board first.

·
Administrator
17,094 Posts
Well I looked at the dog bone and it is stamped the same as the stock one. I will measure it at some point.

BTW, my rear shock has no little adjustment screw like manual says it should have, looks like it might be a rebuilt sticker perhaps? Maybe that's why it is so difficult to get this bike up on the center stand. I always have to put the rear wheel on a board first.
You could always post in the wanted section here, typically some OEM shocks out there just sitting around collecting dust. Or Ebay almost always has some shocks, buy one cheap and get it rebuilt with proper spring weight and valving for your weight and riding style.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
From what little you can see of the shock in the picture, it looks just like the OEM one I pulled out of my K7 Wee last night. Can you post a couple pictures of the bottom sides of the shock?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts