StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bloke that designed the little square plastic tubes that stop the captive nuts turning in the front mud guard must one roo short in the top 40.
What a PITA.
Suzukis super dooper you beaut ultimate strength loctite on bolts with captive nuts held by .000001mm of plastic .What the ----------------:thumbdown:
Had to be the same bloke that designed the new fairing/plastics attachment points,he should be stood against the wall and pelted with the bits untill he apologises:green_lol:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The captive tapped rectangle also exists on the older bikes. The dumb move was putting high strength thread locker there. It's in many places it isn't needed.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The captive tapped rectangle also exists on the older bikes. The dumb move was putting high strength thread locker there. It's in many places it isn't needed.
They still haven't learnt.That makes it even worse.:headbang:
I hate this stuff,gunner buy a Safari tank for the KLR so I can get at the working bits easy.(and have a decent fuel range:mrgreen:)

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Taking off the front wheel off helps win the battle.

I used grease on the bolts and they haven't came loose yet, so what the F is the deal with the super lock tite?? :furious:

·
Registered
15,246 Posts
"I used grease on the bolts and they haven't came loose yet, so what the F is the deal with the super lock tite??'

I cringe every time I see locktite in these postings. That stuff has it's place in the world and most peoples hands is not it. Only a drop or two is needed and only when you really don't ever want the bolt undone again.
The only bike I had anything fall of was my '55 Ariel Huntmaster twin. Everything British of that vintage would shed pieces.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I had to remove the 2 kickstand bracket bolts to install a new belly pan on my new Gle...er...Wee. You guessed it; threadlocker. It was yellow looking. I expected red as hard as they were to loosen:furious:

·
38,048 Posts
Suzuki uses a yellow/orange thread locker for its high strength work, not Loctite at all.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Do yourself a favour and use low strength thread locker for all the non-engine related DL parts.

It's not an American or Euro. bike, the vibration is low enough that low strength is enough for nearly everything that's likely to be removed :)

Pete

·
Registered
77 Posts
Have you guys removed the licence plate light yet? The bolts are pressed into the plastic and break. Same stupid cheap design flaw.

·
38,048 Posts
Are you saying the #16 nuts are also thread lockered? When I took apart the bike to get it painted, I noticed a lot of thread locker where it wasn't needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts