StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Banjo bolts and speed bleeders

Hi Everyone

Have a 2009 vstrom 650 with abs. Would like to extend the top brake line (the one from where the front brake line splits up to the reservoir on the handlebars) (have installed handlebar risers). Called a few folks and they tell me I have banjo bolts and they need the size of the banjo bolts). Anyone who has changed this brake line, do you know the size of the banjo bolts.

Also want to install bleeders for my brake lines. Has anyone installed any and if so what brand and are you happy or not for doing so..

Cheers
Al

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Contact Blair at b.layton@svracingparts.com for a good dealer who handles extended lines and banjo bolts and knows the sizes already.

Speed Bleeder is a brand name and the only brand I know.
Front - Speed Bleeder SB7100S M7 x 1.0
Rear - Speed Bleeder SB8125 M8 x 1.25

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
ASk him I have seen the banjo bolts with bleeders in the center of the head.

I just crack them and bleed like a bleeder, usually find a bubble hiding there

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
Hi Everyone

Have a 2009 Vstrom 650 with abs. Would like to extend the top brake line (the one from where the front brake line splits up to the reservoir on the handlebars) (have installed handlebar risers). Called a few folks and they tell me I have banjo bolts and they need the size of the banjo bolts). Anyone who has changed this brake line, do you know the size of the banjo bolts.

Also want to install bleeders for my brake lines. Has anyone installed any and if so what brand and are you happy or not for doing so..

Cheers
Al

:) Hi Al, I have the correct Extended Top Front Brake Line Kit with the Correct Banjo Bolts and New Crush Washers in it already packaged for my fellow Stromtroopers,

I also have the proper CT Single Banjo Bleeder you will want to make the job easy and simple.

Email me Directly at [email protected] and I will get you looked after right away. The parts are not expensive,

If you include a contact phone number I will be happy to give you a quick call to briefly discuss the Brake Line upgrade with you,

Let me know whenever you are ready,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

1 - 7 of 7 Posts