StromTrooper banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Syd, Pete, Thanks again for your efforts to get the 9th NEVA off the ground!

We did a nice detour going home on Sunday through the Adirondacks riding some of the NEVA 13 route, YES RICHW, your route (RT 48 along Franklin Falls Pond and then up towards the White Face MTN). And another we stumbled upon then when we got lost and just followed our noses going north of Wilmington (An absolute hoot: Port Kent-Hopkinton Turnpike).

This NEVA we came better prepared (and more experienced and with better gear) and rode the PD south route diligently only missing the part of the road being out. And we did not get lost.

All good memories (except for Ron's pictures of all those scary naked legs >:)). Total over 1500 miles of good fun!

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
NEVA becomes famous

Just saw this on the Events thread. NEVA has become famous! Read the second line - " This may not be the N.E.V.A Rally but it would be great if it could grow to that." Too far for me to travel, but I wish the "Midwest StromTrooper Rally" great success!

No Name Yet Rally
This may not be the N.E.V.A Rally but it would be great if it could grow to that.
For now we can call it Midwest StromTrooper Rally.
MOHooligan started this idea and I hope it catches on.
DATE: October 12th 2019
Join other V-Strom owners on a 200 plus mile ride through the Ozark Scenic Byways and Mark Twain National Forest. The ride will make plenty of stops at local landmarks and points of interest.
Pre-ride breakfast will be at the Leadington Huddle House next to the launch site at 7 AM.
8:00 AM Ride sign up/ meet and greet
9:00 kickstands up
Lodging will be available at in Farmington Missouri just a few miles from the launch site.
Camping Available at St. Joe State Park
RV and camper hook ups. Go through the Missouri State Park website for booking
stay tuned for more details and please help spread the word.
Find us on Face Book. I can't post a link yet so search for MO STROMTROOPERS

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
A pit stop at the Cabot Cheese outlet on Rte 100. Steve (sbeadg) took the pic of Don (om28) Bill (woodentoy) Dave (dharum) & Gregg (osgoode65) left to right.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Looks like the first weekend in August of 2020 will take place from July 31-August 2 2020. It will be the 10th Anniversary of NEVA. Stay tuned for details!
that's even better time and it works for me, but first of all thank you and Pete for putting #9 NEVA together. At the same time thank you to Hartmut and Ron for taking me to Adirondacks. Great company and great riding. I got back home Thursday night after 5000km (3100miles) of excellent weather, great riding and of course great company. BTW day later I picked up my new (to me) 2017 650 (of course 650) XT in yellow and started farkling it yesterday...So far with 350 km more on it and ...I like it a lot!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
that's even better time and it works for me, but first of all thank you and Pete for putting #9 NEVA together. At the same time thank you to Hartmut and Ron for taking me to Adirondacks. Great company and great riding. I got back home Thursday night after 5000km (3100miles) of excellent weather, great riding and of course great company. BTW day later I picked up my new (to me) 2017 650 (of course 650) XT in yellow and started farkling it yesterday...So far with 350 km more on it and ...I like it a lot!
Rick, I'll be waiting for a detailed analysis, review, and breakdown comparing all the many V Strom you've owned. I NEED to know which is the BEST V Strom!

Pie charts, graphs, and any other visuals will be appreciated and helpful. :wink2:

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Looks like the first weekend in August of 2020 will take place from July 31-August 2 2020. It will be the 10th Anniversary of NEVA. Stay tuned for details!
Any ideas on a location? Have we had a NEVA in PA? I road the Allegheny area on my way back from Romney one year and it was fantastic! Maybe being it's 10 years it should go back to the original location?

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Any ideas on a location? Have we had a NEVA in PA? I road the Allegheny area on my way back from Romney one year and it was fantastic! Maybe being it's 10 years it should go back to the original location?
Mike,
N.E.V.A. 2020 is Blaustroms ( Harmuts) baby ( I hope and believe!). I am sure he will do an awesome job, including picking a great location.:smile2:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Rick, I'll be waiting for a detailed analysis, review, and breakdown comparing all the many V Strom you've owned. I NEED to know which is the BEST V Strom!

Pie charts, graphs, and any other visuals will be appreciated and helpful. :wink2:
it might take a while I guess since I still putting miles on 2015 (only 200 miles on 2017) but I must say it is best looking V Strom so far ( except maybe your's silver on silver wheels).

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
NEVA20

NEVA20
Catskills NY - Cooperstown - Woodstock

Save The Dates:
July 31 to August 2, 2020

This will be the 10th anniversary!

NEVA20 will be in the Catskills, close to Cooperstown and for those left over Hippies close to Woodstock!

Come and join us for a couple of days of great rides and camaraderie in one of the North East best riding areas. The first weekend in August has historically been good weather and has become the weekend blocked in many calendars to come to the NEVA Rally. Spread the word and see you in the Catskills!​

NEVA20

161 - 176 of 176 Posts