StromTrooper banner

81 - 100 of 176 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I hope to make this. I'm a fairly new Vstrom owner: I bought a 2018 Vee XT last summer . . .
Dharum,

Welcome. You will find Vstrom owners to be a great bunch of riders. We are also blessed to have an awesome Canadian Contingency that attends a number of these events. N.E.V.A. ( Northeast Vstrom Adventure/Association) was started about 9 years ago. Each year we have a gathering at the end of July/first week in August somewhere in the Northeast. Riding, eating and interacting with fellow riders. Those who attend this event typically have a wonderful time. Road riding, dirt riding and mixed riding depending on your desires. Please sign up on google docs (link on page 1 of this thread). If you are camping, contact the campground and sign up. Dinner on Friday night at a local restaurant. Dinner Saturday night will be catered into the campground so we can hang together. Tnkrplt ( Pete ) has hand crafted routes and posted them on the google docs link. Any other questions, please p.m. me. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I just signed up. Looking forward to it.
Awesome. I live not too far from you in Lake George. This is a great event, and I am sure you will have a great time.

I am leaving on Thursday afternoon for the campground. If you would like to ride with me, just send me a pm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome. I live not too far from you in Lake George. This is a great event, and I am sure you will have a great time.

I am leaving on Thursday afternoon for the campground. If you would like to ride with me, just send me a pm.
Thanks Chirosyd, I'm heading over Friday morning with KevinP. Will have to meet up when we get there.

Tony

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Thanks Chirosyd, I'm heading over Friday morning with KevinP. Will have to meet up when we get there.

Tony
Just watch out. Kevin is a wild man on a motorcycle- lol!

Ride safe, see you guys on Friday.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Ok, I signed up and emailed the campground. Looking forward to this!! I even loaded the routes and tracks into my Calimoto app. Can't wait!

dh

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I hope to make this. I'm a fairly new Vstrom owner: I bought a 2018 Vee XT last summer . . .
Mostly Vstroms attend this event ( all bikes are welcome), and you can ask any questions regarding Vstroms. I have owned a 1000 since '14, and after 5 years and 40,000 miles I still love the bike!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi , Guys !

I'm keeping a low profile on here , since I switched to the Super Tenere , I don't want to come across all superior and hoit-toity 'n shit .

I have a new lady in my life too , who may be dominating my every moment ( as all my women do ) in that time frame - my granddaughter Brodie is scheduled to arrive Late July . If I can escape , I'll be there as a last-minute inclusion , and may seek asylum at the embassy , or any nearby patch of grass .

Since Dirt Dad told me how to shut off the traction control AFTER we rode the most awesome dirt road ever ( sorry , RickTor ) , I'll be looking for as much ridiculous dirt as I can find on my 100 horsepower , shaft drive , electronic suspension ..... oops , sorry !

Alex .

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Hi , Guys !

I'm keeping a low profile on here , since I switched to the Super Tenere , I don't want to come across all superior and hoit-toity 'n shit .

I have a new lady in my life too , who may be dominating my every moment ( as all my women do ) in that time frame - my granddaughter Brodie is scheduled to arrive Late July . If I can escape , I'll be there as a last-minute inclusion , and may seek asylum at the embassy , or any nearby patch of grass .

Since Dirt Dad told me how to shut off the traction control AFTER we rode the most awesome dirt road ever ( sorry , RickTor ) , I'll be looking for as much ridiculous dirt as I can find on my 100 horsepower , shaft drive , electronic suspension ..... oops , sorry !

Alex .
Alex,
Congrats on the soon arriving granddaughter. Glad you are enjoying your new Super Tenere. You 1%ers sure are lucky! LOL>:)

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Just watch out. Kevin is a wild man on a motorcycle- lol!

Ride safe, see you guys on Friday.
Hey Syd,
Glad your heart is well. But you must have me confused with someone else. I ride conservatively as usual.

And TonyMorr is a great rider and will fit right in nicely.

·
Registered
501 Posts
are the pd routes just dirt roads or any hero sections?

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Rob, Glad you will be joining us. If we get any more Canadians, we're going to have to call this " Canadian Vstrom Adventures"!

Plans are falling into place nicely. BigMan73 (Yuval) was nice enough to design and help me get the "Dickels" ( decals) printed. They look Great!

It looks like we will be having an "intimate" N.E.V.A. this year. I will need to make a decision shortly if we will be doing Friday and Saturday night's dinners at local restaurants. It is difficult to have a Saturday night meal catered in Vermont, certainly for a small group. Either way, no one will be losing weight for lack of food! I will post the information on Page 1 of the N.E.V.A. 2019 event.

4+ weeks away, can't wait to see old and new friends and ride Vermont. For anyone interested, Plan B at Giffords Woods Campground ( near Killington VT.) will be taking place July 12-14. Look under "regional or club section" for North America. There is a sign up page for those interested. :smile2:

81 - 100 of 176 Posts