StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'm signed up, but not paid -- they're waiting to see how many attendees we get before setting a price. If we get more than 10, we'll get a discount.

I barely rode last year, so I'm not interested in a 10-hour slabbing experience to get to the campground. I now own a pickup and would like to drive that, with the bike in the bed. Does Customs care, or no big deal?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm signed up, but not paid -- they're waiting to see how many attendees we get before setting a price. If we get more than 10, we'll get a discount.

I barely rode last year, so I'm not interested in a 10-hour slabbing experience to get to the campground. I now own a pickup and would like to drive that, with the bike in the bed. Does Customs care, or no big deal?
I brought my bike to last year’s event in the bed of my pick up. Customs doesn’t care as long as it is your bike, it’s registered, and you have the registration with you.

·
Registered
167 Posts

I trailered my bike in a couple times behind my vehicle. No problems. I had the Vehicles paperwork and the bikes paperwork and in my case the trailer paperwork all together ready to hand the border officer. All good.
Same deal coming back in to Canada.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
I am back working on NEVA '19 after a six week hiatus post cardiac bypass. Good to be back. I have been in contact with the campground to be clear about the campground rental. This is a copy of my communication with the Horseshoe Campground. BTW, they have been very nice to deal with:

"Groups reserving more than 10 sites pay our group rate for tents is $22.00/site. That assumes 2 adults. Extra adults cost $7.50/night per adult. Limits on numbers of tents per site depends on how large the tents are. Small tents up to three. Large enough tent and only one will fit. On average though two four to six man tents will fit on any site.

Camper rentals are $125.00/night if the camper is used where we already have it set up. If you need us to move a camper into the group area there is a $65.00 service fee. The Campers can fit larger numbers of people so your members can share the cost but our pricing still assumes 2 adults and there is a $7.50/person per night charge for extra people. Thank you for considering our campground for your event. We look forward to meeting you and the rest of your group."

We have reserved the Upper Safari Group Camping site, which means we will all be together. Some have inquired about camper rentals, and for an additional fee, they can move the camper to the group campsite. Just let the campground know your desires when you contact them. Please refer to the initial NEVA '19 post for details.

I have been given some recommendations for catering on Saturday night at the campground, and am doing my due dilligence to find the one that works the best for us.

Pete will soon be posting GPS routes on the google docs page. In addition, we listed stations for fuel, the best local hospital, and The Vermont Country Store for anyone who has not had the pleasure of visiting.

NEVA '19 only three months away! :hurray::hurray::hurray:Safe riding until then...

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
N.E.V.A. Stromtroopers,

I assume most of you have more tee shirts than you will ever need. We are not doing the NEVA tee shirt thing this year, and I hope no one is disappointed. I would though, like to have dickels (decals/stickers) printed. I am not talented artistically, nor am I a computer graphic designer. I would like to give the opportunity for one of you to create the decal graphics. If a few different designs are submitted, we can take a quick and easy vote to determine which design will be printed. I will be happy to get these done at my expense as long as someone can come up with a design. Thanks!:smile2:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
So I signed up on the sheet, I guess I now need to call the campground and reserve a site in the Upper Safari Group Camping site. I believe they're waiting to get 10 sites reserved to get the $22 a night rate.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Looks like the attendees to N.E.V.A. 2019 are from the "A"list of stromtroopers and riders.:var_29::party:

·
Registered
245 Posts
So, is there going to be good beer nearby or are we allowed to bring good beer. I'm not an excessive drinker, but I refuse to drink cheap industrial crap from AB-Inbev or SABMiller. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
So, is there going to be good beer nearby or are we allowed to bring good beer. I'm not an excessive drinker, but I refuse to drink cheap industrial crap from AB-Inbev or SABMiller. :grin2:
Booghotfoot,
Good question! I am not a beer connoisseur.
I do know though, that Vermont is well known for excellent craft beer. I have been told stories of beer devotees waiting on line for hours to purchase limited edition craft beer from small niche breweries. And, let's not forget our Canadian contingency, that typically brings some fine maple infused whiskey to N.E.V.A. events.:var_17:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I’ve posted a few rides in the route folder. They can be accessed with the link on page 1. They updated the Puppy Dog Trail last year and there’s very little overlap with the original. I’ve included a north and south bound ride which follows parts of it. I’ve included both a Garmin route and a track you can download. For those with non-Garmin devices I recommend downloading the track then convert it to a route using your preferred software. Then compare them. I’ve also included the entire PDT in track form if anyone’s interested. Give them a gander and let me know if you find any issues.

More to follow......Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Good News...….I have V stromer to share a trailer with whom I briefly met at the V Strom Gathering in North Carolina this past week end, what a beauty of twisty and mountain roads. Logged in 4,235 kms in 7 days:grin2:

Do we have design conjured up for the decal?

Are there going to be any meals served or are we on our own,
i.e. restaurants etc. Is there a BBQ for Sat like last year?

What are the costs over and above my trailer rentals, i.e. decal, food, etc.

Sorry if these are previously answered questions

See ya at N.E.V.A. 2019:grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Good News...….I have V stromer to share a trailer with whom I briefly met at the V Strom Gathering in North Carolina this past week end, what a beauty of twisty and mountain roads. Logged in 4,235 kms in 7 days:grin2:

Do we have design conjured up for the decal?

Are there going to be any meals served or are we on our own,
i.e. restaurants etc. Is there a BBQ for Sat like last year?

What are the costs over and above my trailer rentals, i.e. decal, food, etc.

Sorry if these are previously answered questions

See ya at N.E.V.A. 2019:grin2:
Drifter,
Glad you had a great time in N.C. I heard a bunch of Canadians attended. God bless you guys, do any of you work? Lol.

I am currently negotiating with a caterer for Saturday night. I would assume dinner will be about $20. If by some small chance I cannot secure dinner at the campground. I will have a restaurant for us all to attend.

Yuval has graciously agreed to help me design decals. My treat for the cost. Update - Decal design has been created, and are awesome.

Breakfasts and lunches on your own with the group you riding. On that note, Pete has posted routes, look at the link on the 1rst page of this thread. BTW, Pete is a master route maker, and the routes should be good to go. For those who like dirt, the puppy dog route is great.

The planning of this fell into my lap, and then I coerced Pete into helping. N.E.V.A. 2019 Vermont is and will come together just fine. I have taken Pete's advice, chill, and know it will all come together. Great riders and great riding, what's not to love.:cheers2:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I booked a site yesterday in the Upper Safari Group Camping area, once 10 sites are booked we get the discounted rate. The woman I spoke with said I was the second person to book. I'll be up for splitting my site with someone.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
I booked a site yesterday in the Upper Safari Group Camping area, once 10 sites are booked we get the discounted rate. The woman I spoke with said I was the second person to book. I'll be up for splitting my site with someone.
It's getting close guys. May I recommend that you book your campsites a.s.a.p. - Horseshoe Acres Camping 1978 Andover Road, Andover Vermont 05143 Telephone - (802) 875-2960
Email - [email protected]

I know a few of you (including Pete and I) have booked trailers. I am firming up Saturday night dinner plans. Yuval was nice enough to help me with the Dickels (decals), and they look awesome. Won't be long now.:smile2:

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
FRIDAY NIGHT DINNER PLANS

Dinner Friday night August 2nd at The Fullerton Inn and Restaurant 40 the Common Chester Vermont 05143 Telephone 802 875-2444

We are planning dinner at 6 p.m. Please look at the google docs page ( link on the 1rst post on page 1) for a link to the menu.

41 - 60 of 176 Posts