StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Happy New Year Fellow Vstrommers:party:,

We are excited to share with you the details of N.E.V.A. 2019.

When - August 2-4, 2019

Where - Horseshoe Acres Campground Andover Vermont. ( Who doesn't LOVE riding in Vermont?!).

Horseshoe Acres Camping
1978 Andover Road, Andover Vermont 05143
Telephone - (802) 875-2960
Email - [email protected]

For those who have not yet had the pleasure of experiencing this event, it is not to be missed. A great bunch of riders (ALL bikes and riders of all skill levels from newbies to seasoned riders are welcome!) attend this outstanding weekend. Camping, great riding, meals at local restaurants, and great B.S. around the campfire. A great weekend to make new riding friends:grouphug:.

We were fortunate to have found this campground. It is convenient to the two Puppy Dog routes in Vermont for some awesome dirt riding, in addition to great paved twisties.

The campground has a group camping site - Upper Safari Group Camping- where we will tent. Great price of $22. per site. For those that would like, the campground rents out campers that can be placed in the group camping site. These campers rent for $125/day, and can accommodate at least three people. Please call or email for reservations, and let the campground know that you are with the North East Vstrom Adventure Weekend. Please pay the campground directly. The campground has a room for us to enjoy dinner together on Saturday night, details to follow.

Please go to the Google Docs link for an initial head count. We will expand the sign up docs to include dinner reservations, restaurant locations, gas station locations, dirt and paved routes etc as plans unfold.

google docs https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LBn1Zr4OlnolObN3FT48rTy2ELwYAemf

Any suggestions, please private message myself or Pete (Tnkrplt). If you would like to help/volunteer in any way, please let us know!

:var_29:

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Hey Sid.
Looking forward to the ride in August again! Keep us posted.
As usual, you can count on some Canuks attending too.

·
Registered
423 Posts
NEVA 19

With Romney Camp & Ride having been retired, I just may have to make the effort to travel North in August! Following this thread and agree with Rick123 that the title be updated to NEVA 19 to maintain continuity.

Some great roads in NH and VT for this!

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the support. Any riders who have attended NEVA in the past can vouch for the awesome riding, friendships and fun. The full roll out of details will happen within the next few days.
Pete (Tnkrplt) and I have been hard at work behind the scenes. Pete is the brains, and I am the braun!. We just secured a campground in Vermont, near the Puppy Dog Trail(s). Should be some outstanding riding. Who doesn't love Vermont?

We promise the full details in just a few days. Stay tuned. :grin2:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Sounding very good! Following thread. Eagerly awaiting site location!
Is it April yet? :)
gary

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounding very good! Following thread. Eagerly awaiting site location!
Is it April yet? :)
gary
Gary,
Look up top to the original post. New and updated with current information. Love to have you if you are not out West.:smile2:

Syd

·
Registered
566 Posts
Gary,
Look up top to the original post. New and updated with current information. Love to have you if you are not out West.:smile2:

Syd
Thanks Syd,
Will figure on showing up if I'm not out west. Or in the Canadian Maritimes. Or on the Blue Ridge and north Georgia!! :)
g

·
Registered
529 Posts
Spooky - I just went to mark these dates in my phone - and they were already booked for this rally !

I knew you were efficient , Syd , but you have amazed me .

Alex .

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Syd

I should be there perhaps in a cage, but will be there:smile2:

Vermont BMW has a GPX for the Puppy Dog Trail, have not checked it out, I haven't settled on GPX software

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Awesome
Was just able to find this post today
I'm interested if I can get 1 or 2 more people to split the cost of a rented trailer for this exciting wk end.
I thoroughly enjoyed last year's event the rides were some of the best I have experienced.
Wouldn't mind riding down with a group however tenting is out of the question for me.
I will get over to the google document as soon as I can and fill it out.
Any input to send the route to my tomtom would be appreciated.
Have a safe winter, pray for Spring 🕠

the drifter
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The drifter2010,
Glad you are going to attend. Besides the great riding, what makes NEVA special is the riders who attend.

I would contact Horseshoe Acres, and they will help you secure a trailer. The owner told me he can place the trailer on the group tent camping site so we can all be together.

Route planning is Tnkrplt's (Pete's) expertise. He will be posting dirt and pavement routes to download.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Hey Sid and Pete,
I really wanted to join NEVA 2019 but it conflicts with the RoadRUNNER Touring Weekend.
If for what ever reason NEVA moves I'll be happy to join.

Cheers
Yuval

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Sid and Pete,
I really wanted to join NEVA 2019 but it conflicts with the RoadRUNNER Touring Weekend.
If for what ever reason NEVA moves I'll be happy to join.

Cheers
Yuval
Yuval,
It's about time you chimed in! Sorry it conflicts with RR. Unless the State of Vermont shuts down (due to Bernie Sanders winning the next election), NEVA 19 will take place this year as arranged. We will miss you, as you are a founding member. Try to make some of the other weekends planned for this year. If you need dates, p.m. me. BTW, did you purchase the Huskie?

Syd

1 - 20 of 176 Posts