StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
I don't know, does your machine have heated grips? If so where are they getting their power/ground from? Somewhere on this site someone must of posted a wiring diagram for your model year. The diagram should be able to confirm if that's the plug for the heated grips. I have a different year 650 so I'm not much help but someone in the know hopefully will chime in shortly...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No heated grips. Eastern Beaver headlight harness and lowbeam cut out switch. But these utilize the stock harness connections. I took photos of the wiring during disassembly. Somehow I missed this one.

·
Super Moderator
4,496 Posts
No heated grips. Eastern Beaver headlight harness and lowbeam cut out switch. But these utilize the stock harness connections. I took photos of the wiring during disassembly. Somehow I missed this one.
The O/G and B/W wires are there for your "heated grips".
If you intend to wire up any other accessories, these are the OEM keyed wiring source - no risk of leaving something on and draining your battery.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Brockie for the assistance.
I wasn't closing this up until I knew what that was for.
Shadowtrekkor

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
and FYI, you can buy a connector for that and have an oem, fused, switched power source up front.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts