StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Might be the forum's servers, might be the registrar, might be the DNS servers people are using or it might be malware on people's systems. As for the latter, it doesn't matter how many different firewalls and AV systems are in place if people insist on clicking links in random emails and don't do regular scans etc. It can happen to anybody.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I'm getting redirected occasionally from google searches as well...

I'm on a mac using chrome v27 for what it's worth.

I've cleared my cookies and removed all search engine entries except google. It just happened again...

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Good this time. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
It's b-a-a-a-ck. Can't you just fire-bomb their office or something?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I've reported its return.

·
Registered
360 Posts
This has now happened to me on four different computers in three different locations, including my work computer, so I suspect it is not malware.

·
Registered
359 Posts
It only seems to happen to me when I do a site google search (site:stromtrooper.com). It will happen once. I just tried on a mac and a pc and I got it the first time on both. I have tried doing other site searches and have not had it happen. Only when going to stromtrooper.com.

It seems to me like the issue must be on stromtrooper.com and is related to how SEO friendly url redirects are done. The process is smart enough to not do it every time for any one session.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Just happened to me again as well.

Here is the page I was searching from:

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&q=elka+shock+for+dl650&oq=elka+shock+for+dl650&gs_l=hp.3..0i22i30.496.4190.0.4403.20.17.0.2.2.0.230.2035.7j8j2.17.0...0.0.0..1c.1.17.psy-ab.lXBRf-a2HEc&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48705608,d.aWM&fp=e86f09c8cce34c11&biw=1308&bih=731

I clicked the first link which should have taken me here:

http://www.stromtrooper.com/sv-racing-parts/80733-2012-dl650-elka-custom-built-hand-assembled-shocks-now-shipping.html

but I was redirected to here:

MyFilestore.com - Your File Hosting

Someback ground info:

WHOIS information for myfilestore.com:***

[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com]
[Redirected to whois.godaddy.com]
[Querying whois.godaddy.com]
[whois.godaddy.com]
The data contained in GoDaddy.com, LLC's WhoIs database,
while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"
with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This
information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you
in obtaining information about domain name registration records.
Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior written
permission of GoDaddy.com, LLC. By submitting an inquiry,
you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In particular,
you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,
dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for any
purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and
and solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agree
not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic
processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,
including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
in the "registrant" field. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, LLC
is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (Domain Names | The World's Largest Domain Name Registrar - GoDaddy.com)
Domain Name: MYFILESTORE.COM

Registrant:
Domains By Proxy, LLC

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.FILESTORE321.COM
NS2.FILESTORE321.COM

For complete domain details go to:
Whois Lookup | Domain Availability - Registration Information

Has anyone filed a complaint against this domain yet? Or with Google?

·
Registered
359 Posts
All the above says is that it's a private domain registered with GoDaddy. You would have to work with GoDaddy. The culprit may not actually have anything to do with myfileshare.com. I could hack something to redirect people to stromtrooper.com. It doesn't mean stromtrooper.com is at fault.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
GoDaddy also handles Stromtrooper according to stromtrooper.com - Stromtrooper. Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
On two previous occasions, a problem has been found with this site so it isn't anyone's individual computer. I thought that would be the case early on because there was only one or two reports. With the increase in reports and previous problems found at Stromtrooper, the problem is obviously with the site.

·
Registered
359 Posts
People are getting far better at exploiting weaknesses in how people set up their sites and forums. They are pretty clever at getting your server to run PHP and if they can do that then they usually have way more privilege then you would like. I just did a quick search and found this concise summary of things to check for on the vbseo forum. It's related to a different redirect and you guys may already be doing these things.

Google redirecting to filestore123.info - vBulletin SEO Forums

·
Administrator
1,141 Posts
thanks for the help with the reports, I think we got it. I have one last scan for the techs to do to make sure its gone so give us til the end of the day to make it 100%.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts