StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a V-Strom for a couple of years and bought a Givi windshield which works great. I just bought a Wee-Strom for my son and the bike has a Givi windshield with Madstad adjustable brackets but with it all the way down on the brackets its still at least 3-4 inches too high (we like to look over it vs. through it). I've read about drilling new holes above the old ones to lower the shield but wonder how to cut the excess off the bottom. Any and all suggestions about ways to get a good smooth cut without damaging the shield will be appreciated.

·
Registered
578 Posts
The Madstad itself can be mounted in various positions. Check to see that the bracket is mounted on the bike at the lowest position first.

Edit: I used a jigsaw with a fine-tooth (metal) blade on my stock screen to shorten it, covering both sides with masking tape where I was going to cut. Worked nicely.

Givi screens are worth something, even used. Selling it and buying someone's stocker might solve the problem while putting a few extra bucks in your pocket.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
A local plastics shop, or glass shop that works with plastic, can do the work for you. Or, find the right saw blades and drill bits for plastic. Or, find the right way to resharpen drill bits for plastic. Would it be best to cut the top off?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts