StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This thing is 2009 vintage and I am wondering if it is worth updating the maps and using on my Wee for $55 (4 updates for a year). It also needs a Ram mount but I can use that for anything. I updated the software online and it seems to work well. The route planning seems to work. I am a newbie to motorcycle oriented GPS units so is this a waste of time at this point for bikes? Are there additional features I really need at this point? TIA

·
Registered
160 Posts
I recently grabbed a garmin nuvi off ebay for 20 bucks. I had one up until around Xmas and had just bought the lifetime map update when someone conveniently took it out of my truck. I had not activated the update yet. I figured I could either sell the card or buy a used one similar to my old one. It's a simple GPS, so no real trip planning features, but I can usually make a trip based on waypoints on the GPS to use as legs of the trip, that way it doesn't take me around the waypoints I want to travel on. More trouble for sure, but it's usually easier to just right down the roads you want and keep a casual eye on the GPS to know when they are coming up.

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got a new Samsung Galaxy S6 and someone told me all they use it Oruxmaps which is a free download. I will take a look at that too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts