StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a CRF150F for christmas and took it out riding today. Right after that I took the Strom out for a short 60 mile run. When I got back home, I parked the Strom, got out the 150 and zoomed off for the mud and trails.

That thing is WICKED awesome. Although I've never riden a dirt bike before, I was jumping hills, throwing mud rooster tails, and riding wheelies in about 2 hours. It isn't huge and heavy, so it feels like a bicycle with a motor - very easy to control and will do about 60 MPH.

I gotta say - I think my Strom will be in competition for my attention come spring summer. Is there any way to pull a motorcycle trailer behind the Strom?

:twisted:

Cheers.

Tige

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Years ago I was passed on the highway by a medium sized street bike pulling a MXer on a small light trailer. I wouldn't do it but that's just me. Used to have a custom built trailer for 3 dirt bikes to go behind the cage.

·
Administrator
17,523 Posts
So I got a CRF150F for christmas and took it out riding today. Right after that I took the Strom out for a short 60 mile run. When I got back home, I parked the Strom, got out the 150 and zoomed off for the mud and trails.

That thing is WICKED awesome. Although I've never riden a dirt bike before, I was jumping hills, throwing mud rooster tails, and riding wheelies in about 2 hours. It isn't huge and heavy, so it feels like a bicycle with a motor - very easy to control and will do about 60 MPH.

I gotta say - I think my Strom will be in competition for my attention come spring summer. Is there any way to pull a motorcycle trailer behind the Strom?

:twisted:

Cheers.

Tige
I hear ya bro....aint they fun!!!!!:cool: I am wanting to ride the DR to the October Strom rally, feel kind like a trader, but boy will it be fun on the trails. Maybe I put a Stromtrooper sticker on it.:mrgreen:

·
press any key to continue
124 Posts
I hear ya bro....aint they fun!!!!!:cool: I am wanting to ride the DR to the October Strom rally, feel kind like a trader, but boy will it be fun on the trails. Maybe I put a Stromtrooper sticker on it.:mrgreen:
Maybe you can get some V-Strom logos that fell off someone's bike and put them on the DR. :)

The rally in October was one of those times I was thinking about my old DRZ-400S. It would have been good for the gravel roads.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SO much fun. The funny part is, today I'm a bit sore. I guess I'm not use to all of the movement you do on an MX vs. a street bike.

You'd definately have to put stromtrooper stickers on it. You won't be the only one not on a strom if next year's turnout is anything like this years.

BTW - there are a couple of places in SE IN and OH to ride offroad trails stuff. Feel like having a get together sometime for good quality off-road stuff?

Cheers.

Tige

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
We've got one of those and its awesome! Before that it was a crf50. Its a fun bike and is great to practice on. Plus its easy to get into very dirty and rough trailers. Maybe a 250 next :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I raced dirtbikes for over 20 years, started on a Suzuki PE250 but switched to KTM's, mostly 300 Enduros, rode enduros and hare scrambles all over the south east and as far away as upper Michigan to a national enduro. Dirtbikes teach you how to throw a bike around, brake slide and stop quickly, clutch & throttle control. It will definately make you sore, many times I could barely walk after a 100 mile off road race, I don't see how the riders make it thru the ISDE for hundreds of miles a day for 6 days straight. Get all the protective gear you can and have fun. A friend got his 11 year old son a CRF150 and hid it at my house for Christmas and I rode it, nice bike for a kid but not much power for me, try a KTM300 2-stroke out, 40+ HP to the rear wheel.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Administrator
17,523 Posts
I raced dirtbikes for over 20 years, started on a Suzuki PE250 but switched to KTM's, mostly 300 Enduros, rode enduros and hare scrambles all over the south east and as far away as upper Michigan to a national enduro. Dirtbikes teach you how to throw a bike around, brake slide and stop quickly, clutch & throttle control. It will definately make you sore, many times I could barely walk after a 100 mile off road race, I don't see how the riders make it thru the ISDE for hundreds of miles a day for 6 days straight. Get all the protective gear you can and have fun. A friend got his 11 year old son a CRF150 and hid it at my house for Christmas and I rode it, nice bike for a kid but not much power for me, try a KTM300 2-stroke out, 40+ HP to the rear wheel.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Welcome to the site!!!! My personal favorite in the woods is a KDX200, light, powerful, fast and pretty cheap to buy. One of the best "do it all" dirtbikes EVER made in my opinion. I freakin love the powerband of a 2stroke!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Big B, a KDX 200 is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts