StromTrooper banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have two ST1300’s, (or Hondapotamus’s as I call them) an ‘06 and an ‘09 Police. Their weight disappears as soon as it’s underway. Great bikes but some of the maintenance is a bit of a pain.
The only time it feels heavy is when lifting it off the sidestand. Dang thing leans over too far. I checked it, not much play in the stand, just need to weld a plate under the foot. Can't imagine how hard it would be if I actually dropped it! lol (knock on wood!!!!)

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
The only time it feels heavy is when lifting it off the sidestand. Dang thing leans over too far. I checked it, not much play in the stand, just need to weld a plate under the foot. Can't imagine how hard it would be if I actually dropped it! lol (knock on wood!!!!)
I recently replaced the stand and bracket on the Police bike. I was originally going to weld a bottom plate on but noticed when deployed the stand was much further forward as well as out. Couldn’t find a single failure point on the old stand or bracket, just several small issues that together created the problem. Fortunately the stand and bracket are much cheaper than the Stroms.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts